Author Topic: Mozilla Test  (Read 1783 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Mozilla Test
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Checking to see if Mozilla does what IE7 does...

BOLD
UNDERLINE
ITALICS
FONT SIZE
TEXT COLOR

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::)

Well, twice I tried to do the above on IE7 and both times it gave me the red, blank page!  And this was ONLY when I tried to BOLD the word bold!  It didn't give me the opportunity to do anything to the other words.  It didn't say ERROR ON PAGE though this time, instead it said DONE, but it wasn't posted.  So guess what cousins, tomorrow I'm bookmarking ALL my favorites on Mozilla and not using IE again!  
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: Mozilla Test
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:24:07 PM »
So guess what cousins, tomorrow I'm bookmarking ALL my favorites on Mozilla and not using IE again!
There's actually an Import Wizard in Firefox that will do all of that automatically. Just go up to File and Import. It can import saved passwords, cookies, and other info in addition to your bookmarks.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:56:08 AM »
I switched to Firefox some time ago after being a lonnng time IE user. And I have to wonder why it took so long to catch on! Firefox is wonderful! It is simple to use, does lots of cool things, and I LOVE their e-mail system. Bill Gates is Dead--long live Firefox! I'll NEVER go back... [clap] [9050]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:02:53 AM »
long live Firefox! I'll NEVER go back...

Which is why Microsoft is quaking in their boots as Firefox gains more and more users. And considering how many complaints there already are about IE7 (which was supposedly going to give Firefox a run for its money (HA!!  ::))), I seriously doubt the advance of Firefox is going to slow down any time soon.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 04:24:13 AM »
Firefox is wonderful! It is simple to use, does lots of cool things, and I LOVE their e-mail system. Bill Gates is Dead--long live Firefox! I'll NEVER go back... [clap] [9050]
Amen. I quit using IE long ago, except for a few rare pages where Firefox doesn't work properly. I use it to check web pages I create, but that's about it. All of the add-ons in Firefox are amazing. I especially love ForecastFox and Adblock Plus, and tabbed browsing rocks. I haven't downloaded IE7 because, near as I can tell, the only desirable features are ones already offered in Firefox, so why bother?

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:36:14 AM »
I downloaded IE7 because it was there and I was curious.  I was immediately punished for my curiousity as the damn thing caused my screen to freeze up and other things happened.  The beast was banished from my hard drive in due course. Never again.

Nancy

[Amen. I quit using IE long ago, except for a few rare pages where Firefox doesn't work properly. I use it to check web pages I create, but that's about it. All of the add-ons in Firefox are amazing. I especially love ForecastFox and Adblock Plus, and tabbed browsing rocks. I haven't downloaded IE7 because, near as I can tell, the only desirable features are ones already offered in Firefox, so why bother?

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 04:56:08 PM »
Which is why Microsoft is quaking in their boots as Firefox gains more and more users. And considering how many complaints there already are about IE7 (which was supposedly going to give Firefox a run for its money (HA!!  ::))), I seriously doubt the advance of Firefox is going to slow down any time soon.

Yep, Bill Gates is the anti-Christ and I long for his death!   >:(  Maybe this latest debaucle (IE7) will do it.

There's actually an Import Wizard in Firefox that will do all of that automatically. Just go up to File and Import. It can import saved passwords, cookies, and other info in addition to your bookmarks.

You are the WOMAN!  Thanks for the tip.  I spent the better part of this morning listing what FAVORITES I want to take, now I'll do as you suggest and just take them all.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"