Author Topic: HOT off the Press- DS DVDs for sell..  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
HOT off the Press- DS DVDs for sell..
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:42:28 AM »
... through www.deepdiscountdvd.com from 11/10-11/18.  Every title is on sale.  Any DVD in stock is 20% off already low prices.  That means you can order DS DVDs that are in stock for another 20% off with no shipping or tax charges.  Just pick the DVD and be sure to use the promotional code SUPERSALE upon check out for the 20% off.

Now is your chance to show DDD that we are still interested in Dark Shadows.  We'd like to keep them interested in stocking Dark Shadow DVDs so when the pre-Barnabas DVDs become available to public retailers [being optimistic] DDD will make them available to us.  [Here is hoping MPI opens it up to other retailers eventually]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HOT off the Press- DS DVDs for sell..
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:45:20 AM »
I posted this elsewhere..and ordered two sets  [hall2_grin]
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:50:57 AM »
At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I thought I'd also point out that Amazon is having a sale on MGM DVD titles, and the Dark Shadows Revival set is selling for 60% off the suggested retail price.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »
At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I thought I'd also point out that Amazon is having a sale on MGM DVD titles, and the (URL)
 is selling for 60% off the suggested retail price.

The more the merrier, I say.  It's great to know that people can purchase the DVDs from places other than "the MPI book club".  I'm glad they have the book club for people who want the extra collectibles but I'm more interested in the DVDs and savings.  What I like about DDD is the DVDs start at a lower price than Amazon, $41.+ and another 20% off/no shipping/tax still makes it less then other retailers.  But if one can find better prices elsewhere, I say GO FOR IT!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 10:05:29 PM »
At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I thought I'd also point out that Amazon is having a sale on MGM DVD titles, and the (URL)
 is selling for 60% off the suggested retail price.

The more the merrier, I say.  It's great to know that people can purchase the DVDs from places other than "the MPI book club".
Actually, what I was referring to via the blasphemy reference was purchasing the 1991 series DVDs because (a) that version isn't exactly a favorite among DS fans and (b) the DVD release is butchered.

As for who buys what where, I could care in the least, except that several fan-run sites (including my own and Stuart's) attempt to support themselves via referrals to Amazon, so, if that's the retailer you want to use for any type of purchase, whether it's a DS item or not, I'd encourage you to use the Amazon links on your favorite DS site.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Actually, what I was referring to via the blasphemy reference was purchasing the 1991 series DVDs because (a) that version isn't exactly a favorite among DS fans and (b) the DVD release is butchered.

Oh my, I have the DVD version of the 1991 Revival because I never saw them during their original run.  How was it butchered?  [confused1] [confused2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:52:02 PM »
How was it butchered?

Check out "1991 Series To Be Released On DVD" beginning with this post:

According the some sources of mine, the 'widescreen' notation should be a mistake.

And I hope like hell that it is a mistake on the website, because if not, its beyond a total disaster.

And the whole horrifying tale continues to be discussed on several pages afterward.  :-