Author Topic: Toto, I Don't think We're In Collinsport Anymore!  (Read 971 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Toto, I Don't think We're In Collinsport Anymore!
« on: July 30, 2002, 12:44:41 AM »
It's a miracle, I tell ya! Here a cyclone comes along, sweeps up the whole Collinwood estate, plops it down in OZ, and not a hair is out of place, nor a single window broken, nor piece of furniture overturned! (Not even that absolutely stunning quadro swan necked and headed bench at the foot of Carolyn's bed!) Yes, a miracle, by gosh!!!

How'd y'all like that burst of Oz-like color we were treated to in episode two today? It was reminiscent of those first color saturated episodes when the show first changed over to a color format - though not nearly as severe. I actually liked the richness of the look the second episode had today (7/29). I belatedly wish they had kept that look for the rest of the run. Carolyn looked even more gorgeous than usual (if that is even possible). It even brought out the best in Adams scars! (Not to mention his new very green sweater!)

Any of you Dark Shadows Techies have any idea why some of these episodes are color drenched? Different brand of film? New camera? I can't think of a single plausible reason. Oh, but what a treat!

Dom

P.S. "FURNITURE" is not in the spell-check dictionary - and it has no suggestions!  ::)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Re: Toto, I Don't think We're In Collinsport Anymore!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 02:37:09 AM »
I have noticed the color variations also.  Sometimes really nice, sometimes faded, sometimes so rich it looks like they used to look when color TV first came out or when the picture tube was about ready to expire.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 06:32:21 AM »
The difference between the two episodes WAS quite striking. And the initial scene in the second was the same as in the first, but what a difference. I am not a techie, but my guess is that Dan Curtis experimented with crappy quality film.

I do NOT think a blonde should sleep on mustard yellow sheets. Yeeucch.  :P Though, she certainly DID look great when she got up off of them. Nancy Barrett is so beautiful, but she did get less so in the later episodes in my opinion. I think it was something odd they did with her eyebrows.  :'(
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 06:59:12 AM »
Nancy Barrett is so beautiful, but she did get less so in the later episodes in my opinion.

I didn't like her hair in some of the later episodes, it looked too straight and limp.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 07:53:09 AM »
I didn't like her hair in some of the later episodes, it looked too straight and limp.

I agree with that. Carolyn's hair looked really different to me as the series progressed.

I liked the color they used in the second episode and in the early color ones. Something about them makes me like them, LOL.