Author Topic: Carolyn and Tony  (Read 1524 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Carolyn and Tony
« on: July 29, 2002, 05:20:07 AM »
Does anyone else think the show should've explored their relationship some more? I think it would've made the storyline more interesting to see more of Tony..Adam's reaction to him and the relationship between a rich girl who's had everything available to her and a man that worked hard to get to his current position.

Offline Nicole

• Junior Poster
  • ...But I look so innocent
    • View Profile
Re: Carolyn and Tony
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 05:33:29 AM »
Most definitely!  Nancy Barrett and Jerry Lacy had obvious chemistry and the relationship between their characters should have been more explored than it was.  Besides, it's just refreshing to see Jerry Lacy portray someone besides a Trask.  As wonderful as he was in those roles, it seems a waste that he was confined to be the raving evangelical when he obviously could play more.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 05:59:43 AM »
Most definitely!  Nancy Barrett and Jerry Lacy had obvious chemistry and the relationship between their characters should have been more explored than it was.  

Totally agree with this.  The Tony character had that edginess to him that gave the pairing just the right kind of tension.  I think they could have done a lot with them as a couple.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline liz_collins

• Where are my pearls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 06:28:29 AM »
I totally agree, they should have explored Carolyn and Tony more.  I agree with luciaphil Jerry Lacy had an edginess as Tony that made the character work well with Carolyn.  These two actors are really great at their craft and seemed to be wasted at times.  Jerry Lacy was great as Trask, but I always wondered what more they could have done with him.  :D
Oh, Roger!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 08:39:30 AM »
Sure, I think they should have done more with these two as a couple. They seemed to have great chemistry together too! It was also nice to see J.L. playing a different kind of character as well since most of his other roles were all kind of similar to each other.  I think the writers got so caught up with this Adam storyline that they simply pushed some of the other characters in the backround. It seemed like as soon as Cassandra left,  they didn't have anything to do with Tony's character except have him stop by house every now & then as Liz's attorney. :(
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 09:03:27 AM »
I admit Tony and Carolyn make a cute couple,
but he was too bitter about his background to last
with her.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 12:39:00 PM »
I admit Tony and Carolyn make a cute couple,
but he was too bitter about his background to last
with her.

Yes, there would always be bickering...In the long haul, there would be NO satisfaction just to be with each other.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2002, 08:40:37 PM »
Well, this IS a soap opera and not real life. SO, what we really want is excellent chemistry and a not too blissful relationship. Yes, I think Carolyn and Tony belonged together! He is a handsome, sexy guy as Tony and they play off each other very well. In a way that she and Joe never quite did. Joe was just a nice guy in a hopeless love that he could never make her feel. Tony can actually hold his own with little Missy Stoddard! It is fun to watch them and I wish they had kept it going longer.

Spoiler:

ANYTHING would have been better than her and JEB. Yuck. Carolyn and Professor Stokes. Carolyn and her cousin, Barney. Carolyn and Maggie. (Wouldn't THAT have gotten all the guys' interest?!) ANYBODY!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2002, 01:33:23 AM »

Spoiler:

ANYTHING would have been better than her and JEB. Yuck. Carolyn and Professor Stokes. Carolyn and her cousin, Barney. Carolyn and Maggie. (Wouldn't THAT have gotten all the guys' interest?!) ANYBODY!

You know, it's funny that you mention Carolyn and Maggie as a couple, kuanyin, because today when I saw Carolyn awoken by Adam, I thought for a split second that she had awaken in Maggie's bed. She has the same sheets that Maggie has on her bed! OZ-YELLOW!

I guess maybe the girls went linen shopping together at Orbachs.

Dom

Spell-check dictionary alert: funny & girls (Whaddaya gonna do? Shoot the swans? Dees lovlies?...)