Author Topic: TIME TEASER  (Read 2704 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: TIME TEASER
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2002, 01:54:29 PM »
I drive a 1997 Saturn, color, black gold.  

Good luck, Lindsay!  Practice makes perfect, and I bet you're going to be #3 to get your license the first time.

Please let us know how you did!  I took my road test October 15, 1971, six months after DS' demise.  I remember thinking about it as I set out with the inspector.  My friend Susan and I, who took our tests the same day, had put together this little "plan" to seduce the inspector if the test didn't go well (like we'd even know how, we were both such virginal innocents).  Well, my inspector turned out to be a woman!

Love, Robin

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2002, 02:11:09 PM »
I drive a 1997 Saturn, color, black gold.  

Love, Robin

Thanks Robin, I hope you and Lindsey know I was just teasing ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2002, 09:06:37 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! I am definately nervous, but I mostly want to get it over with! My mom was out practicing with me and I asked her if she wanted to go through the manueverability course and she said "no, because I couldn't make it through it!". LOL. I'll keep everyone updated.

-Lindsey

P.S.- I am not allowed to have a car. My dad thinks because he didn't get his first car till he was 21, I shouldn't either.  >:( We have 2 cars, a 1994 Mazda, which will be the car I will buzz around in when it's free, and a 2002 Honda Accord my dad just bought, which I will be taking my test in. You see, the Accord actually has features. The Mazda doesn't have a radio, air conditioning, a heater, right side mirror, or power steering. lol. My dad said he didn't "want all that bonus stuff". It actually did have AC and a heater when we bought it though.  ::) My family is insane, in case you were wondering... ;)

"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2002, 11:48:12 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! I am definately nervous, but I mostly want to get it over with! My mom was out practicing with me and I asked her if she wanted to go through the manueverability course and she said "no, because I couldn't make it through it!". LOL. I'll keep everyone updated.

-Lindsey

P.S.- I am not allowed to have a car. My dad thinks because he didn't get his first car till he was 21, I shouldn't either.  >:( We have 2 cars, a 1994 Mazda, which will be the car I will buzz around in when it's free, and a 2002 Honda Accord my dad just bought, which I will be taking my test in. You see, the Accord actually has features. The Mazda doesn't have a radio, air conditioning, a heater, right side mirror, or power steering. lol. My dad said he didn't "want all that bonus stuff". It actually did have AC and a heater when we bought it though.  ::) My family is insane, in case you were wondering... ;)

Lindsey, don't feel too bad about not having a car of your own yet.  At least you'll have something to drive sometimes.  Right when I got my license, My parents bought a new Lincoln Continental, and they weren't about to let a brand-new driver anywhere near it.  So for the longest time, I had a license, but nothing to drive.  :(

Best of luck with your driving test! I'm sure you'll do fine.  :)

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2002, 01:05:35 AM »
good lunch with the driver test - do they make you pee in a bottle? ;)

about 3 weeks after I got my 'permit' for the privilege of driving, I put our family car,- a 1965 powder blue Galaxie 500, with no padded dashboard,- in a ditch TWICE in one snowy day, delivering oranges for the marching band - I played Tuba [tuba what you're probably asking....] The fruit went flying everywhere, and  the car smelled like orange juice for about 3 years! everytime we turned on the heat, or AC it was like a visit to the Florida Welcome Center!

[remember, driving is a privilege, not a right, and they make ya get a licence, insurance, and have a responsible person in the car with you for a while - but ya don't need a licence to have a child, so be careful with THAT test, too!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!