Author Topic: PARTY LINE  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: PARTY LINE
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2002, 03:11:38 AM »
Ohh the things I used to learn on those party lines. . my Aunt's neighbors had scandalous lives in Kansas!  LOL. . I think now it was just a bunch of girls fooling with us .. .

Probably Connie and her friends making a few long distance phone calls to the midwest.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2002, 05:03:33 AM »
How many of you 'youngsters' here on the board even know what Vam means by the title of this post?

cheers,
Ringo, Youngster At Heart

Wow Ringo I'm old but not that old :o

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2002, 05:36:22 AM »
How many of you 'youngsters' here on the board even know what Vam means by the title of this post?

cheers,
Ringo, Youngster At Heart

I hate to admit it but I remember the old black rotary phones. My parents had a party line for a long time(it was cheaper)until they got their own phone number which at the time started with a name. Our phone # started as Franklin 7.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Connie

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2002, 05:44:36 AM »

Probably Connie and her friends making a few long distance phone calls to the midwest.

Yeah?  Well if you don't watch it, I'm gonna call YOU in a minute.

Connie

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2002, 05:47:33 AM »

I hate to admit it but I remember the old black rotary phones. My parents had a party line for a long time(it was cheaper)until they got their own phone number which at the time started with a name. Our phone # started as Franklin 7.

Well, I hate to admit it but I remember them too.  (And I'm MUCH younger than you).  Yep....mm hmm...

Our number started as Lowell 8.

Ain't this interesting?   :P

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2002, 07:30:17 PM »
Our phone number started with Juniper - 1. I still remember our (my) first phone number. Our phone numbers where drilled into our heads in kindergarten for safety purposes. Now-a-days kids have there own cell phones!

old man Dom

PS - My hubby remembers when you had to go through a switchboard and the party line phone numbers had two or three digits...now that's old , honey. :)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2002, 07:36:50 PM »
So I am old enough to remember party lines...It is not how old you are but how you feel...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2002, 05:58:58 AM »
One more:

Tony spied on Carolyn after she ditched him at Collinwood and caught her and Barnabas doing things one shouldn't catch cousins doing.

BWAHAHAHAHA! "I always knew the idle rich were decadent!" "That was no cousinly kiss I saw!" and "*with a sneer of ice* Poor little rich girl ... " which sent Carolyn running upstairs in tears  :'( AHHHHH I HATE BARNABUS!!!!!!

*pouts* And now Tony and Carolyn are never going 2 get back together ...... *cries a river and builds a bridge but can't quite seem 2 get over it*

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! [angryf]
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2002, 06:32:41 AM »
I remember my grandmother's phone number was 883W  ... you picked up the phone, waited for the operator then told her the number wanted.. you didn't have to dial.  And I remember as a kid we were on an 8 party line.  We knew to pick up when it rang three short rings.  And I also remember picking up when the neighbors got calls and listening in, hand over the mouthpiece... sometimes they caught on.. "hang up that phone you rotten kids!!"  lol [shckd]