Author Topic: Dark Shadows Lookalikes  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Lookalikes
« on: July 20, 2002, 11:22:08 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Sportwriter Phil Mushnick of the New York Post occasionally runs an amusing bit in his column in which he presents pictures of sports athlete/show business celebrity lookalikes.  For example, Mr. Mushnick once ran a picture of former NBA guard Bobby Hurley and Bart Simpsom of "The Simpsoms."  ( They look like twins!)

Another pair of Mr. Mushnick's lookalikes were the late, great sports announcer Howard Cosell and the late, great horror actor Bela Lugosi.  ( Like two peas in a pod!)

Well, I got to thinking.  If you took Dr. Lang's creation, Adam, and put a pair of dark sunglasses on him, and gave him a dark, shoulder-length wig to wear, you'd have the spitting image of the so-called King of All Media, Howard Stern!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, a lookalike for Malachy McCourt in "Ryan's Hope"!  

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Dark Shadows Lookalikes
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 11:27:31 PM »
Adam needs to grow his hair MUCH longer, Bob, and messier, to look like Howie (plus, Adam has better skin)--and would you please make me a nice sombrero, sir, heavy on that Kahlua?  

Love, Robin

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 05:37:42 AM »
would you please make me a nice sombrero, sir, heavy on that Kahlua?

I had some great Kahlua cheesecake at the Anaheim Marriott when I was there for the Fest.  ;D
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2002, 11:09:18 PM »
Craig Slocum said:

I had some great Kahlua cheesecake at the Anaheim Marriott when I was there for the Fest.  

Yum!  I bet it was delicious, too!  Give me another sombreo, barkeep Bob, to go with that slice of cheesecake!

Love, Robin, in Kahlia heaven. . .

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 02:45:45 AM »
Michael Jackson and Julia Hoffmann.

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2002, 04:28:49 AM »
If you took Dr. Lang's creation, Adam, and put a pair of dark sunglasses on him, and gave him a dark, shoulder-length wig to wear, you'd have the spitting image of the so-called King of All Media, Howard Stern!

ADAM (as Howard Stern): "Ba-Ba-Barnabas...make me King Of All Media and create for me a news-reading sidekick or I'll made Vicki strip on my show!"
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Connie

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 09:10:57 AM »
Michael Jackson and Julia Hoffmann.

How about GLENDA Jackson and Julia Hoffman??

-CLC

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
Hey, this is a fun topic!  :D  Reminds me of the "Separated at Birth" book I bought once upon a time.  The most hilarious comparison in that book was between Mick Jagger and Don Knots - so bizarrely true!  [crazd]

Now, here's my take on DS¢â‚¬¦

Of course, there's the obvious and once much talked about resemblance between Jerry Lacy and Humphrey Bogart though I really think Lacy looks more like Bogart's better looking younger brother (or son).

Joan Bennett: Resembles several actresses of her own heyday including Hedy Lamar and Gene Tierney.  On a more personal note she sometimes has certain facial expressions that remind me of my mother.  Oddly, we I also have Bennett ancestors on my mother's side of the family - none of them were actors though, drat!

Louis Edmonds: Lawrence Olivier or a very close relative.

Nancy Barrett: Nancy is so good with facial expressions she can really look like just about anyone or type she sets her mind to do (I love her crazies!).  But the other day it was driving me nuts trying to think just who she reminded me of so much of the time.  I finally realized it was Beverly D'Angelo.

John Karlen: Had a very slight James Dean look when he first appeared on the series.

James Hall (the first Willy): Bam Bam Rubble (The Flintstones) or Beany Boy (Beaney & Cecil) - you decide. [smrtasy]

Can't remember the actor's name who did the Head of Judah Zachary (Michael McGuire?) but he's a dead ringer for Peter Boyle when he was in Young Frankenstein.

And I MUST say - Robert Rodan may not be my personal pick as the hottest DS guy, but IMO he's about 110% better looking than Howard Stern [puke] who looks as though, rather than having been separated at birth, was beaten unceasingly with an ugly stick.  This could also possibly explain his attitude.  [vryevl]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2002, 11:10:37 PM »
How about -------

Grayson Hall and Agnes Moorhead (sp.)

Jonathan Frid and Richard Burton, I don't know about looks but certain nuances.  Probably get blistered good for this one.

Nancy Barret and Twiggy, Nancy probably looked fat compared to Twiggy.

David Hennessy and the boy that was in "Lost In Space", can't think of his name at the moment.

So much for now.

Tanis

There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2002, 03:46:08 AM »
(T)he boy that was in "Lost In Space", can't think of his name at the moment.

Billy Mumy.

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2002, 04:18:05 AM »
Alexandra Molke and Jacqueline Kennedy  :)

Don Briscoe and Elvis  8)

Jonathan Frid and Boris Karloff  :o
MM

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2002, 04:33:10 PM »
Hey gang,

How about these two possible "hair" lookalikes:

Nicholas Blair and former US Rep. James Trafficant?

Bob the Bartender, who, like the truly hysterical Rip Taylor, asks the question: " Is it on right?"

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2002, 06:42:58 PM »
How about these two possible "hair" lookalikes: Nicholas Blair and former US Rep. James Trafficant?

Perhaps...

After all, Nicky Blair's coiffure looks like it was engineered by the good folks at NASA, while Trafficant's hair looks like it was pounded unmercifully by fallen debris from Skylab.

The real difference for me is that I am always delighted to see Nicky Blair on my TV screen, and nauseated by the sight of Trafficant.

But that's probably because warlocks are much more entertaining--and much more honest--than politicians...

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2002, 04:35:09 PM »
Dear Scout75,

While the self-effacing and laconic Chris Matthews would possibly disagree with you on your assessment of politicians vs. warlocks, I'm sure that the thoughtful and always restrained Brian Lamb of C-SPAN would be more than inclined to concur with your well taken point.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, avid reader of the Collinsport Star and 'McLaughlin Group" viewer.

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2002, 07:09:35 AM »
Esta TerBlanche always reminded me of Alexandra Moltke (DS-era). If it wasn't for her South African accent I think she would make a great Vicki in a DS remake. TerBlanche played Gillian on All My Children from 1997-2001. While I'm on an All My Children kick --- Julia Barr (Brooke on AMC) and Lara Parker look similar to me (present-day Lara, not DS-era Lara). I think it's their eyes. Oh! and another All My Children comparison LOL. Rebecca Budig's character, Greenlee Smythe Dupres, reminds me a lot of Carolyn Stoddard.
Wiley S.