Author Topic: David Selby to Participate in Book Festival in Hollywood  (Read 751 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
David Selby to Participate in Book Festival in Hollywood
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:40:06 PM »
DavidSelby.com, the official David Selby web site, reports that Selby will be one of the celebrity readers participating in Explore-A-Story: A Celebration of Books at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood on Sunday, March 12, between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The event centers on children's books and is a fundraiser for The Wonder of Reading, an organization involved in renovating and restocking public elementary school libraries.

Additional information is available from DavidSelby.com and The Wonder of Reading web site.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: David Selby to Participate in Book Festival in Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:16:49 PM »
Did anyone happen to attend this?

Was there any media coverage?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: David Selby to Participate in Book Festival in Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 06:40:33 AM »
Was there any media coverage?
The media coverage beforehand basically just advertised the event, but there was an interview piece with Henry Winkler in one of the LA area publications. I can't remember which one now.

There are photos from the event on WireImage.com, and David is included. This was going to be included in my next announced site update, but I'm a little overwhelmed with other bs at the moment.

(By the way, the people who organized this were very nice folks. They actually took time to email the webmasters of various fan sites who plugged this event to thank them for doing so. You don't see that very often.)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)