Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0704  (Read 2858 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0704
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »
Are we all pretending that we don't notice Petofi's box on the drawing room fireplace?
I noticed! It's fun to find the box in different parts of the house before it was Petofi's box! IIRC, it was even there in 1966! [snow_wink]

So, Sophie was Barnabas's first female victim in 1897. [milestone] Poor Sophie was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Barnabas tried as hard as he could to avoid biting her; but when she failed to see his reflection in her mirror, it was curtains for her. [snow_shocked]

Beth was really good at keeping secrets from Quentin. I enjoyed watching the scenes when Quentin caught her taking food upstairs.  [snow_cheesy]

Barnabas found out more information in this episode - from Beth. He found out about Nora but not about "another child". I like how Barnabas slowly got more pieces to the puzzle as the 1897 storyline progressed.  [snow_happy]

Judith was being a nice granddaughter to Edith. I suspect her motives may not have been totally pure, however. She may not have shown it, but I'm sure she wanted the money, too.  [snow_greedy] Quentin, on the other hand, although he was very handsome, was horrible to "Grandmama" - threatening to kill her if she didn't tell him the secret! Shame on him! [snow_sad]  It's a good thing he was very easy on the eyes! [luv]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »
So Grandmamamama would have something nice to look at while her trachea gets crushed?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 12:54:29 PM »
Good one, Magnus! [snow_laugh]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
Barnabas sure seemed to have been rattled by his encounter with Quentin and the sword.  When he leaves the house and sees Beth in the woods, he bounces out at her and calls her name like they're old friends.  I guess he forgot they never met before, and that having a strange man bounce out at her in the woods at night might not be the best way to gain her confidence.  And if he thought she was one of the family, why did he use her first name?  Terribly informal and borderline rude for the Victorians.  And this from a guy who is usually OVERLY formal. It sounds for all the world like he's trying to pick her up.

And IluvBarnabas:  I think both Quentin AND Judith take after Edith.  The sense I get is that Judith and Quentin are a lot more alike than it first appears.

Nice character revelations in the scenes with Grandmamama and Judith. 

And I think they missed a chance for one at the end of the scene in the foyer with Beth going up the stairs.  After she bested him, and lifted her skirts to climb the stairs, I thought for SURE he'd be ogling her ankles.  [snow_wink]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics