Author Topic: My Dream Collinwood (or would we really want "purely American" 1790s architecture?)  (Read 11789 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Wow!!  How did you get that?!!

Copies have been circulating in fandom for quite a few years. So much so that I figured that pretty much everyone had their own copy by now.  :)

Grayson's notes are actually the best part. They're much more interesting than DC's - but why do I think most people wouldn't be surprised by that?  ;)

(Possibly something else to look forward to after the Members' Archive reopens - downloadable copies of Grayson's NoDS script. [smlyb])

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
(Possibly something else to look forward to after the Members' Archive reopens - downloadable copies of Grayson's NoDS script. [smlyb])

:) :) :)
Josette

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
MB & Josette, My copy of NODS is actually titled "Dark Shadows 2" and is Grayson's working script. (probably the same as your's MB),  I've had this one since 1992. I did alot of script trading with other DS fans back then, and have amassed about 32 DS tv episode scripts and also the 2 DS movies scripts.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OK, this is very strange.

I just accessed the forum but hadn't logged in (yet).  The first thing I went to was Current Talk.

The first thread I decided to go into was this one.  5 pages were listed.  I clicked on "5" assuming that would be about where I'd want to read from.

The page loaded, and I noticed there was a photo.  It appeared to be of Grayson Hall's script as there were many notations.  However, I didn't take the time to look at it (or notice whose post it was part of) because it looked like I needed to backtrack to p. 4 of this thread.  I selected page 4, read the most recent posts on that page, then went ahead to page 5 again.  This time, and each subsequent time I've tried, THERE IS NO PHOTOGRAPH OF THE SCRIPT anywhere in the thread.

I am suffering from sleep loss but if this was a hallucination, it was a very realistic one.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I am suffering from sleep loss but if this was a hallucination, it was a very realistic one.

It's not a hallucination. For whatever reason, the image of the script is not currently displaying in Robert''s post. Perhaps he decided to tinker with it. Or perhaps the Web space he has it stored in is experiencing some sort of difficulty...

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Ahh, the case of the vanishing script!

It looks like it has mysteriously reappeared!

Very interesting, but I wonder if these scripts have been verified ... authenticated ... tested ... proved ...  remember the "Hitler" diaries ... the Vinland map ... the Kensington rune stone ... the ... ??

>:D

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
While cleaning out a drawer over the weekend, I came across the 1996 American Mansions calendar, which I'd saved because it contains a picture of Lyndhurst. However, little did I remember that it also conatains some shots of Stan Hywet Hall. After looking at them again, I fell down on my knees and begged the universe to please let the new Collinwood be something similar to this incredible house (I think this is the best photo I've come across the house yet):

And please let any sets be similar to this shot of the Great Hall:

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
     Oh WOW,  can you just imagine poor Mrs. Johnson chasing cobwebs in that great hall?!  Now thats grandeur befitting the Collins family.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
And please let any sets be similar to this shot of the Great Hall

Yes, oh yes ...

Especially the great hall ... the exterior actually reminds me of several houses along Mt. C_____ , a street I lived adjacent to and used to walk on almost daily for years just for shere aesthetic pleasure ... but anyway, the great hall has some wonderful touches that would be much in keeping with Collinwood:  in addition to the old world-style portraits and art objects, the mounted deer heads would not be out of place in backwoods Maine I should think.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Oh, yes, those palm trees are there.  I don't know why, but they just drove me crazy.  They're clearly visible when Joe is pulling his boat out of the harbor;

I rewatched that scene, and... Wow.

For the curious, I took a couple of screen grabs as Joe and Carolyn are pulling out of Collinsport harbor aboard the Daphne.  And here they are-- those infamous Maine Palms:

In the capture below, they're visible on both sides of the mast:

Too funny.  Good catch, Gerard!