Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0419  (Read 1281 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0419
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0419
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:59:26 AM »
Josette is almost as stubborn as Angelique herself.

Months ago I commented unfavorably on Bob the Bartender's voice.  I like it much better with the assumed Irish accent.  But Mr. Mooney isn't the smartest of bartenders.  In his position, talking to Suki, I would keep my my mouth shut about Nathan's projected marriage.  Nathan's paying the tab, not Suki.

I'd be interested to know what events led to the marriage of Nathan and Suki.  Was Suki aware of Nathan's character before the marriage, or was she a fluffy thing like Millicent, who learned fast after the wedding?

I liked Millicent's dress.  I'm not sure it went well with blonde hair, but I liked it.  Pale green and white stripes, and unsubtle embroidery at the bottom.  I didn't like Josette's pumpkin-colored dress so much.  I seem to remember that I complained about a pumpkin-colored dress of Vicky's in 1967.  Was pumpkin color in vogue around that time?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:25:40 AM »
So, in this episode, we discover that Nathan Forbes is married! [milestone] I agree with Robin, Suki is a real hoot! [winkg] She's just as greedy as Nathan. I wonder why they got married in the first place, if all Nathan was going to do was chase after other rich women? [idontknow]

Those scenes at the mausoleum with Barnabas and Josette were very sad, indeed. [sadg] It's a good thing Barnabas was able to resist biting her this time[whew]

I liked how TPTB had the bartender even look the same in 1967 and 1795. I like the Irish accent, too. [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »
I liked how TPTB had the bartender even look the same in 1967 and 1795. I like the Irish accent, too. [cheesyg]
Was that a Beatles wig he was wearing?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »
Was that a Beatles wig he was wearing?
LOL! [lghg] I think so, Lydia!  [hall_grin]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
i've long had my own theory about nathan and suki...

the chemistry between them is really dirty-sexy.money was obviously not a factor so it must have been a very intense physical thing.

they seem like the kind of couple that knows how to push each other's buttons,would have knock-down,drag-out fights and then end up on the living room floor if you get my drift. [offtheair]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »
I like your drift, mscbryk.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 11:41:18 PM »
When Josette and Barnabas were having that conversation at the beginning of the episode, and he told her he was cursed, why didn't he take that opportunity to tell Josette that Angelique was the witch? He could have at least hinted at it. If he had, Josette could have used her influence to free Vicki. lfter all, she did say, when barnabas was sick,  that she would do anything she could to free Vicki if only she would keep Barnabas from dying.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 10:41:08 AM »
why didn't he take that opportunity to tell Josette that Angelique was the witch?
I think Barnabas was too focused on not biting Josette to care about anything else.  Additionally, by this point it would have taken a major effort to save Vicky, and Barnabas wanted Josette to leave Collinwood.