Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0152  (Read 1124 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0152
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0152
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »
What exactly is the source of this private fortune that Laura has amassed?  And why has she been accepting checks from the Collins estate if she her own income?  Does she think the court or the Collins family will just take her word for it and not ask to see proof of income before possibly taking this wealthy heir off into a life of miserable poverty?  Her shallow answers here and about it not being important that her apartment and all of her possessions burned to ashes really should be raising more than just eyebrows. 

Laura's starting to sound like a Lifetime Channel movie.  In reality, she has no "rights" that can be invoked by such haughty statements.  She can sue for custody or visitation, but she won't have the right to either unless the judge rules in her favor, which because she is either ignorant or simply doesn't care about her legal rights enough to hire her own lawyer to protect them, is doubtful.   The fact is, her spending years in an insane asylum and continuing to exhibit bizzare behavior, not to mention the whole mystery surrounding a woman burning alive in her apartment building, could convincingly be used against her in a custody hearing, not to mention her spurious resources...  Laura is definitely becoming less sympathetic to me as these episodes move along.  It's all about her and what she wants, not about David in the slightest. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:06 AM »
Liz makes an entire speech to Vicki looking past her, straight into the teleprompter.  ***  The police are sure that the body's Laura again.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:44:26 AM »
Vicki hasn’t thought about Frank one way or another? What, is she dead or something?

Here’s Vicki walking into the lion’s den once again. She wants to be loyal to Liz, but she has an issue with keeping David from his mother. She can’t make up her mind. So what does she do? She tells her boss she can’t follow her orders. Bad move. And I hate to be Frank when Liz finds out he went ahead with the divorce paperwork anyway. Ooooo!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »
Frank visits Laura at the cottage to discuss the impending divorce. In real life, this conversation never would have happened without Laura's lawyer being present!

Laura almost gives herself away when she reaches directly into the fire for the kettle. Vicki warns her that she'll burn herself, but she says, Oh, no, I won't. Then she realizes her error.

What a bunch of users the Collinses are, trying to get Vicki to do their dirty work for them.

It's no mystery to me how Laura got her fortune. If she really is immortal, that's a lot of centuries of compound interest piling up.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »
Frank's ears should be pricking like crazy after what he heard in Laura's cottage.  I know I said that Laura didn't cast any spell over Burke the other day, but now I can't help wondering if she cast a spell over Frank.

And I hate to be Frank when Liz finds out he went ahead with the divorce paperwork anyway.
Not to mention when his father finds out.

Laura is definitely becoming less sympathetic to me as these episodes move along.
Yes, as Laura talked to Frank today, I was wondering today what exactly it is that makes her so unlikable.  It is hard to believe that Laura means anything but ill for David.  She's just got this cold, calculating air about her.

What a bunch of users the Collinses are, trying to get Vicki to do their dirty work for them.
I don't see it that way.  Elizabeth has already told Laura to her face that she didn't want Laura seeing David.  And if Laura's going to go sneaking into David's room, Vicky should be aware of it.  In fact, I thought it was rather intelligent of Vicky (wow, I can't believe I said that) to go to Laura and say that these were her orders.  Of course, the spurt of intelligence didn't last, but it was pleasant while it did last.

Frank tells Roger he's been to see Roger's wife, and Roger says unconcernedly, "Bully for you."  I loved it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
The thing is, from Vicki's perspective, she can't actually stop Laura, unless they start playing endless, ridiculous games, where Vicki keeps standing in Laura's way, and Laura tries to push past her this way, then another... then a scuffle ensues, etc..    [spoiler]She's actually more right than she knows.   Even that wouldn't help.[/spoiler]   That's what's unfair about Liz's order.   Vicki's not a bouncer.  Maybe she's used to Matthew being there for that...

Laura asks Vicki why she's "enforcing" Liz's ban on her, and V says "It's my job."   If so, then it only became part of her job a few minutes earlier during her talk with Liz; it never was before, and she's not going to be very good at it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
Roger calls his sister Lucrecia Borgia for her stance about David. Oh! The drama. And it is positively Laura dead in the fire.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times