Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0333  (Read 1484 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0333
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:18:20 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0333
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »
What an episode!

Boy, Julia didn't get there a moment too soon! I honestly think David was as good as dead....Barnabas looked ready to kill the boy right then and there.

Poor David....he finally thinks that he has someone on his side....Julia. She stops Barnabas from harming him, then back at Collinwood she denounces him as a liar in front of Roger, Burke and Dr. Woodard.

I am glad that Dr. Woodard and Burke at least cared enough to give David the benefit of the doubt. I think maybe they were starting to believe him when Barnabas refused to allow them to go looking through the Old House cellar.  Then wonder of wonders, they go downstairs and find nothing....

Great episode.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »
Good show, DH, did such a good job today. Barnabas looked so evil today. JF was projecting such evil. I loved the last with the candle. perfect for a still.

I'm surprised that no one has pick up on Julia and her training. She doesn't talk like a historian. She talks like a DR. I wonder why Burke and Roger didn't pick up on it.  Maybe they don't expect some one  to lie to them.

Cliffhangers are great each show. They wanted to keep people coming back after the summer. Keep the ratings going up.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has pick up on Julia and her training. She doesn't talk like a historian. She talks like a DR. I wonder why Burke and Roger didn't pick up on it.  Maybe they don't expect some one  to lie to them.
Maybe the idea of a woman as a doctor wasn't one that would occur readily to them.

I love the switch that Barnabas pulled with the coffin and the trunks, and gosh, how convincingly angry he was when Dr. Woodard and Burke asked to see the basement!  I wonder if he would have managed to change his mind so convincingly if Burke hadn't mentioned the search warrant.  Good old Burke, always happy to help out his friend Barnabas.

Julia arrived back at Collinwood soon after David did, so apparently Barnabas moved the coffin and the trunks around by himself, while Julia cased the situation at Collinwood and did what she could to delay any action.

Isn't Julia lucky!  She's found herself a man for whom she can do her absolute favorite thing: lie.  She didn't seem to be enjoying it as much as usual today, though.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 12:33:30 AM »
Julia arrived back at Collinwood soon after David did, so apparently Barnabas moved the coffin and the trunks around by himself, while Julia cased the situation at Collinwood and did what she could to delay any action.

Isn't Julia lucky!  She's found herself a man for whom she can do her absolute favorite thing: lie.  She didn't seem to be enjoying it as much as usual today, though.

Can you imagine Barnabas picking up his own coffin. Maybe he hid it in the lab for Julia. I realized we haven't seen it yet. I guess they ahd to get the stuff together.

I think Julia was still our for herself and the cure. Though I think David hit the spot a few times.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
I wonder how Barnabas was able to move the coffin all by himself? [idontknow]  He didn't have Willie to help him.

Poor David. [bawl] Burke and Dr. Woodard were giving David the benefit of the doubt.  Too bad there was warning before they went to the Old House.  Barnabas wouldn't have let them into the basement if the coffin was still there. [winkg]

For once, David was telling the truth, but Julia debunked him.  Julia was lying.  I felt so sorry for David.  DH did a wonderful job, as usual. [banana]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:52:57 AM »
I think vampires can just will their coffins to new locations as they do with themselves.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:31:09 PM »
Barnabas bent steel bars to get into Woodard's office, and later, Spoiler:
seems to easily take care of John Yeager and Nathan Forbes...
which suggest tremendous strength.  Isn't it more of an inconsistency when he asks for Willie's help to perform a physical task, like Spoiler:
to move Jason's body...
than when he doesn't seek his help, such as to move his coffin?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »
I loved the last with the candle. perfect for a still.

The exact reason why I chose to use this capture for the Robservation of this episode:

I wonder if he would have managed to change his mind so convincingly if Burke hadn't mentioned the search warrant.

As usual, Burke was all bluster without much to back it up. I mean, what judge would issue a search warrant to check for a coffin in a basement - especially based on the evidence of a child who's already told so many fanciful tales?  ::)

I think vampires can just will their coffins to new locations as they do with themselves.

Apparently not our Barn. And it's funny how he supposedly has that superhuman strength, yet on more than one occasion he has a fit when he needs to move his coffin to or from the mausoleum so that it's not discovered and the people he orders to help him aren't moving as fast as he wants them to.

Perhaps he feels it's beneath him to lug a coffin through the woods - at least alone.  :D