Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0358  (Read 1050 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0358
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:18 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0358
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »
Spoilers ahead:

I thought GH's introduction, that evil keeps no set business hours was funny!

I immensely enjoy watching Carolyn and Tony together. He won't put up with any of her nonsense. Finally, a guy who can put Carolyn in her place!  8)

Carolyn is extremely horrible to Julia, taunting her. She seems to enjoy being under Barnabas's power more and more each day.

Too bad we didn't get to see Barnabas go to Barbados during the 1795 story line. Which reminds me, in the beginning of 1795 Barnabas says he doesn't believe in witchcraft, but clearly in the present, he's using magic taught to him by a warlock whom he obviously seemed to think was legitimate. Of course he would have experienced Angelique's power, but then again perhaps not, since before Vicki traveled back in time, it was philis Wick who was tried and hanged for witchcraft, not Vicki. I can't see her unleashing all that havoc on the Collins family, since it's doubtless she was ever in love with barnabas and therefore had no reason to seek revenge.

On the other hand, Vicki did travel back in time, so events unfolded differently, but which scenario is accurate? It gives me a headache just thinking about it.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:22:24 AM »
Yes, the Indian from Barbados is interesting.  One possibility is that the Indian summoned Barnabas's spirit while he (Barnabas) was chained in his coffin.  I prefer, however, the idea that the whole 1795 story that we saw was a fairy tale made up by Sarah (who always tried to believe the best about her big brother), and that Barnabas, like Quentin, was interested in the dark arts from the start - which was a major factor in Josette's rejection of him.

I've never before felt Julia's torment as I did today. And I loved it when she grabbed the handset from Carolyn and slammed it down.  Did Tony Peterson hear her voice on the other end of the line?

Then there was Carolyn's memorable remark about dressing for dinner.  I had forgotten the previous bit about "cocktails in half an hour".  I guess the cocktails are a change from the unmixed stuff that they drink during the rest of the day.

Descriptions for Sunny_Collins...hmm...Barnabas was wearing one of his elegant full-skirted, floor-length dressing gowns when he was doing his Barbadan magic.  Was it black and green and white?  I can't remember.  Anyway, the secret number ceremony surely was more effective with the proper clothing.  If Barnabas had just been wearing a suit, I daresay all that appeared in Julia's room would have been some lab rat that she killed in undergraduate biology class.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »
I believe it was the green and white long robe. I guess the old house is cold. He was wearing long pants and his normal shoes.  I believe earlier when Julia threw the suringe in the fire I thought that i broke. I guress Barnabas has the ability to put things back to gether.

I also thought that in Collinwood it was always the cocktail hour. I wonder what people do to dress for dinner. By the way did Collinwood actually have a dinning room. I know there was a very small kitchen.

I also had a question, why are the night clothes are in yellow.  (in future shows we will see Vickie in bright Yellow.) I always thought that she looked like an canary. David had yellow sheets.  Maybe it was the sping sales at Ohrbach's. Or maybe they thought that yellow looked better in color.

I liked the end when Julia see's the ghost at the end and then there was Barnabas at the window outside as a bat. If I remember correctly Julia's window doesn't has a window seat as Carolyn does.  Julia also has the Old fasihion bed the metal desinged mettal headboard and footboard
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
I've mentioned several times how much I love the scene between Carolyn and Julia dealing with the hypodermic and Julia's supposed lack of control, so I won't go into detail again. But suffice it to say it's one of my all-time favorite scenes ever on the show.

Changing the subject entirely, I have to say I was shocked, shocked I tell you to see two recent shows in which characters actually implied it might be raining outside.  :o  In Ep #357, upon entering Collinwood Tony shook his hands like they were actually wet - and then in this show Carolyn entered the Old House with a partially opened umbrella that she closed/shook off. An UMBRELLA! And one that might be WET!!  [wow]

Haven't these people gotten the memo that, just like there's no such thing as snow in Collinsport, thunderstorms there simply produce thunder and lightening but no actual rainfall.  :D

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »
Julia also has the Old fasihion bed the metal desinged mettal headboard and footboard
I've been looking at that bed in later episodes, and I think that the bed is carved wood, not metal.  It's a beautiful bed.  Carolyn's got one of those princess beds that come out of a department store.  Someday maybe she'll grow up and notice the beauty of the old family furniture.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
Wow! I loved that whooshing sound that Barnabas made! So creepy! [shkdg] It's very fortuitus that I'm posting about this episode now.  I  posted whoosh today for the Alphabet Game! [cheer]

I repeat what I said before... Julia is so funny when she's in distress. That wavering voice! (Ooh! Another W word!  I'll have to remember this when W comes around again in the Alphabet Game!) [winkg]

I have to say I was shocked, shocked I tell you to see two recent shows in which characters actually implied it might be raining outside.  :o  In Ep #357, upon entering Collinwood Tony shook his hands like they were actually wet - and then in this show Carolyn entered the Old House with a partially opened umbrella that she closed/shook off. An UMBRELLA! And one that might be WET!!  [wow]

Haven't these people gotten the memo that, just like there's no such thing as snow in Collinsport, thunderstorms there simply produce thunder and lightening but no actual rainfall.  :D
LOL, MB! [laughing6]

I agree that Tony would make a good match for Carolyn......
(WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD)

...... Too bad that didn't happen! (END SPOILER WARNING)

By the way, I've had a heck of a time posting this. The board is very slow! I kept getting this message: Internal Server Error    Process limit exceeded for uid 10131 [24 >= 24]. [8311]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]