Author Topic: Parker's new book  (Read 1674 times)

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Parker's new book
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »
Okay, I didn't know Lara had said that.  I wonder if she believed it?

Why did I type "assistance" instead of "insistence"?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 12:33:39 PM »
indeed i think that parker is trying to work her stories into the framework or series continuity. not a new or different spin on the tale as burton/depp have openly done. at least that's how she promotes them.

my original point is that with this book, the audiodramas, the comics and now the film there are oodles of variations and reworkings of the same source material floated around right now that all tell different stories.

it's overwhelming. so like the audiodramas, which i also do not care for, i'll sit parker's book(s) out.

sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »
Lara told me at a festival that she hadn't watched the show before writing her first two books.  She had read summaries of what happened when to characters, plotlines and so forth but otherwise had not seen the episodes.  She did say she planned on starting to watch the show to get a better feel for what fans have seen and understood the characters to be.  I am not quoting her here only summarizing what she said to me about the books she was writing.