Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1071  (Read 631 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1071
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »
Robservations #1071

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1071

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:37:41 AM »
It's 1970 back in the present time or the past however you look at it. The girl who looks like Carrie is Hallie Stokes. Eliot is her uncle and Roeger is in Europe. The stairs has taken them back to the time they were fleeing PT. Q just saw the PT fire and Elizabeth is skeptical of 1995 even though there have been time travels to the past and PT.
they discover that Daphne Harrage was the governess in 1840. I feel another time travel and I prefer they stay in the present. Barnabas and Julia go to the graveyard and find Daphne dead 1841 and next to her dead Gerard Stilles also 1841. His tombstone says something about living in darkness.
Hallie says she gets strange feelings. I get the feeling that if Denise Nickerson hadn't just left there would be no Hallie.  The playroom is a closet now but it appears to the viewer.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
And they're back! Julia and Barnabas meet Hallie Stokes, Eliot's previously unmentioned niece. Hallie looks somewhat like Jan Brady and is rather highstrung. Part of that is certainly due to the recent loss of both parents. And she is decidedly unnerved by the sudden appearance of two strangers who ask her some extremely odd questions.
Roger's in Europe. Lucky man. And Quentin had apparently moved into Collinwood since we last left RT. In his old room, no less.
Barnabas and Julia give Quentin and Elizabeth an edited recap of their visit to 1995. Elizabeth is understandably shocked, while Quentin (who has experienced his share of bizarre things) is initially skeptical. Still, it is wonderful to have the core family back with us. I know that I had missed them.
Julia and Barnabas dive into researching the ghosts that they encountered. Apparently, Daphne Harridge was a governess who died at the age of 23. They find her grave conveniently located near that of Tom Jennings. Nearby is the grave of Gerard Stiles, with the inscription In Darkness He Did Live and Die. This doesn't bode well.
Quentin seems a bit more willing to accept their story about the trip to the future, seeing that Angelique's room was in the east wing and Hallie found them in the west wing. Barnabas takes him to where the playroom was but when the door is opened, there is nothing but a linen closet. Barnabas is perplexed. Quentin is once again skeptical. But after they leave, the carousel starts to play.
As I said, I love the contemporary characters. But we are about to embark on a long period of deja vu.
Fade Away and Radiate