Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0080  (Read 1015 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0080
« on: October 22, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0080
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »
The PEN finally steps into the spotlight!

When Roger goes to look for The PEN at the beach, he leaves Collinwood wearing dark trousers and a tan coat. But when he's on the beach, his wardrobe also falls prey to Lookout Point’s transformative properties--his coat has become dark and his trousers light, but they change back when he returns to Collinwood.

It's too bad his character wasn't transformed at Lookout Point, because he is totally obnoxious to everyone, spilling the beans about Joe dancing with Maggie just when Elizabeth offers Joe another promotion so he and Carolyn can get married and live in the style to which Carolyn is accustomed.

But he gets his comeuppance in the end, when Vicki brandishes The PEN right under his very nose and then goes off to find some ink to refill it. After all, it's a FOUNTAIN PEN!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
Dr. Smith: "The pain, the pain!"  Roger Collins: "The pen, the pen..."

[candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
 [pointing-up]  [rofl10]

his wardrobe also falls prey to Lookout Point’s transformative properties--his coat has become dark and his trousers light, but they change back when he returns to Collinwood.

The transformative phenomenon that is Lookout Point is truly amazing. It's so very sad that the phenomenon was never explored, and thus its properties remain completely unsolved.  [sad3]  (But perhaps in the Depp/DS film...or even the new comic book series...)

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
Maybe that's a topic for the 1970-71 thread!  [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
Roger's crumbling under adversity.  I don't remember him being so nasty to Joe before the incident in the Blue Whale, but now he won't stop.

I'm surprised that Carolyn thinks of Maggie as a rival.  Maggie's 23 years old and Carolyn's 17, right?  How old is Joe?  I always think of Carolyn and Joe as having been in high school together, and I can't believe that Joe was held back multiple years.  Joe may well be interested in a girl five years older than he.  Such things happen, but would Carolyn really see Maggie as a threat?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »
I think it's much more likely that Maggie and Joe are age mates. Carolyn may have been in ninth grade when Maggie and Joe were seniors.--their different ages would work that way, I think.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Roger continues to plot and double deal behind everyones back.  He tries to convince Vickie to influence her boss about Mrs. Johnson and Elizabeth comes in and informs Roger once again it is her house. 
Carolyn's hair seems more bouncy than usual as she brushes it in Vicki es room. 
Roger is excluded from Joe and Elizabeth's meeting.  He then tells Carolyn that Joe and Maggie were on a date.  Nice Uncle.
The call is placed and Elizabeth talks to Mrs. Johnson about a job at Collinwood.
Vickie shows Rioger the pen she found at lookout point.  Now the variables of how it got on the beach and what time are infinite and yet Roger freaks out over the whole thing.  I guess this is to imply that he may have had something to do with Bill's death, but really all it means is he lost a pen sometime before he got to the meeting and it somehow ended up on the beach on the day Vickie found it. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
Carolyn gets all bitchy when she finds out about Joe and Maggie....like she's one to get upset! She's all but ignored Joe ever since she set eyes on Burke Devlin...Joe has been more than patient with her, a lot more than I would be if I had been in his shoes. It's not as if Joe and Maggie hit the sheets together, although it would certainly serve Carolyn right if they had.

I applaud Joe for wanting to be his own man. He's too good for Carolyn and her little temper tantrums.

Although Roger was being nasty, I think he did hit the nail on the head when he said that Carolyn didn't really want to marry Joe. I can't help but think deep down she was sort of happy hearing Joe was with Maggie, thus giving her an excuse to break up with him and go on daydreaming about Burke. It's clear at this point Carolyn isn't mature enough for marriage.

Roger thinks he should be consulted on who Elizabeth decides to hire. Roger says he knows it's her house, but in reality he likes to pretend it's HIS house and so when Elizabeth makes a change that will upset his way of things he feels he has the right to kick up a fuss. He deserves to get his stomach tied in knots over the PEN.