Author Topic: Stranded on an Island  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Stranded on an Island
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:53:56 AM »
Hi cousins!

Here's something a couple of us were joking around about recently and I thought it might apply nicely to DS:  If you were to be stranded on an island which DS character would you like to be stranded with and why?  Oh, I just KNOW all you Jennings fans are gonna leap on this one ;D 

I have two scenarios.  I'd like to be stranded with Barnabas and I'd make him forget about Josette every chance I could!  >:D

Second, I'd like to be stranded with Julia because she would find a way for us to be rescued.

Countess

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded on an Island
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 02:49:16 PM »
Leave me on that island with Willie Loomis and a gun.  So I could SHOOT anyone dumb enough to try and "rescue" me...... :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
DJ's Mom: Omg. Willie! Because we would make such passionate love.

---------------------------------------------

Dj: I just didn't need to hear that! lol. But I agree. ;)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 06:24:17 PM »
Hey, Good Topic!
I would love to be stranded on a island with the following people

Willie-we would build a hut and other tools out of wood, sand and coconuts :)
Joe Haskell-He would teach me how to catch fish and coook the game fish ^-^
Vicki-We would talk about our lives and make up love stories for the others to enjoy ;)
Quentin-He would be able to turn into a werewolf and protect us from island bandits :o
The Jennings Brothers-they wolud supply me and the others with tree leaf juice and we would all have mind-bending experiences. >:D
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 06:38:37 PM »
David.

He's adventureous, and pretty much fearless. He'd go into caves I wouldn't and find drinking water that I couldn't. I also think a child would keep my mind sharp with his inquizitiveness and I think it'd keep me feeling younger than my years. AND...I'd be less likely to succumb to the elements knowing I have someone I'd need to look after and protect -- I'd never be able to lose hope - for his sake. And I'd need someone younger and stronger than I when I get elderly.

On the lighter side, I'd pick Joe ( :D ) for his survival skills and brawn (thank goodness I like fish and coconuts...and brawn,  ;) ) and for the great sex (I hope to get stranded with at least one six-pack, lol.)  >:D

If I had to choose a female, I'd pick... ???...oh, who'm I kidding? I may as well pick Mrs. Johnson for all the good it'd do me.  ^-^

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 07:42:22 PM »
If I had to choose a female, I'd pick... ???...oh, who'm I kidding? I may as well pick Mrs. Johnson for all the good it'd do me.  ^-^

Good choice, Dom.  She might be clever like Maryann on "Gilligans Island" and think up a million recipes for coconut. New England Boiled coconut, whoopie coconut pies, coconut thermidor, and coconut Indian pudding.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 08:37:41 PM »
New England Boiled coconut

Bleech!  [puke]

whoopie coconut pies ... and coconut Indian pudding.

Though those two don't sound too bad.  ;)  The whoopie coconut pies might, in fact, be really good. (Coconut and chocolate definitely go well together. I know I could singlehandedly keep Mounds and Almond Joys on the market.  :D)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 09:25:01 PM »
Barnabas (that's probably obvious). Like Countess, I'd attempt to make him forget about Josette.  :) Or, if all else fails and we never get off the island, I'd call myself Josette.  My life would be forfeit anyway. Might as well make the best out of a bad situation. ;)

Second choice would be Willie, for different reasons than my first. I just think Willie would be a lot of fun.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 09:47:20 PM »
I love all kinds of fish so a steady diet of it wouldn't bother me much....and for once in my life I'd be SKINNY!!  ::)

But just the smell of coconut makes me gag..... :P.....so there had better be some other sort of fruit for dessert! 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 10:29:44 PM »
I love coconut, but I couldn't live off it. There'd have to be avocadoes on the island somewhere, though, definitely. ~DJ

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 10:39:43 PM »
Actually, I'd pick Adam, because he's very strong, and physical strength would really come in handy for building shelters, etc.  And, he's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, so I could send him off to handle the more dangerous tasks and he wouldn't know enough to protest.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 11:41:52 PM »
--Julia (for her medical knowledge, and keen mind, and just being HER...  :-*  which, BTW, makes me wonder how Julia would deal with surviving on a deserted island with all that tweed... cut 'em down and make tweed mini-skirts and tank tops?  LOL Hmmm...then I'd probably want Barnabas along so I could see his reaction to that...and to help Julia with any meticulous work that needed to be done. Maybe his cane would come in handy...)
--The hand of Count Petofi - could help in several areas...if you're lucky! LOL
--Magda - she'd tell our fortunes, help with the meals, help with any other work needed to be done...and I'd have someone else to bitch with, cry with, and someone to give me a swift kick in the arse when need be.
--Sandor - similar reasons. With him and Magda we'd find our way out of that island in no time, honey.  8)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 05:46:55 AM »
I would choose Ben Stokes to help with all the chores that need to be done, including building a shelter, and for good company. 
I would also like to have David, Amy and the little girl who was Carolyn as a child so we could all have fun playing games, also I would have Vickie on the island, she was such a wonderful teacher she would know what was eatable and what was not, Joe Haskell would also be welcomed for his cuteness and be a great fishing mate, of course Quentin with his gramophone for some music, I can listen to his song forever.   Then last but not least Barnabas (when not under the curse) so he could at long last get a decent tan! >:D
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 10:28:11 AM »
Then last but not least Barnabas (when not under the curse) so he could at long last get a decent tan! >:D

ROFL.  [thumb]

--Julia (for her medical knowledge, and keen mind, and just being HER...

With HER medical knowledge I don't think you'd be around very long.  LOL

Wow - everybody has such well-thought-out answers.  And practical too!

Mine's a no-brainer (I hate that term). 
Don't even know why I bother.   ::)   But naturally I'd like to be stranded with 1840 Quentin and have it be like The Blue Lagoon.  I'd be perfectly happy to watch him build a hut, and spear-fish, etc.  When he wasn't doing that we'd play in the water and make love all over the island.  I'd never care to be rescued.

;D

Ya know, I've always wished someone would write some really good fan fiction about 1840 Quentin's adventures at sea.  (Edited of course, by dear cousin Flora)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Autumn

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 07:48:29 PM »
I would also like to be stuck on an island with QUENTIN
just the two of us all alone,we could make love anytime
we wanted and anywhere we wanted!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
he is so yummy!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P