Author Topic: Why J Frid Should Do a Commentary When There's a HODS DVD  (Read 672 times)

David

Why J Frid Should Do a Commentary When There's a HODS DVD
« on: March 27, 2004, 09:23:04 PM »
Even though he does not like the film, Jonathan Frid should do a commentary when HODS does hit DVD.

I just picked up the DVD to the 1970 gender bending film
Myra Breckenridge.
Filming of this notorious box office bomb was a fiasco.
Stars Mae West & Raquel Welch HATED each other. Everyone hated the director.
Raquel Welch considers Myra Breckenridge to be the worst experience of her career.

Welch was given carte blanche to say what she pleased for the Myra DVD. She told the truth, but, after 35 years, was able to laugh about it.
Her bittersweet, bitchy, very witty commentary for Myra Breckenridge is the best I've ever heard on a DVD.

So Jonathan Frid does not like HODS.
At times he has expressed mixed feelings about the show.
But Frid is a brilliant, articulate
man. After 35 years, his commentary could be as "biting", as truthful, and as funny as Welch's.

Mr. Frid: when HODS does make it to DVD, as I'm sure it will someday, I hope you will provide us with commentary on your memories & insights into the film.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Why J Frid Should Do a Commentary When There's a HODS DVD
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 10:20:25 PM »
Raquel Welch considers Myra Breckenridge to be the worst experience of her career.

And with good reason!  [lol2]

So Jonathan Frid does not like HODS.
At times he has expressed mixed feelings about the show.
But Frid is a brilliant, articulate
man. After 35 years, his commentary could be as "biting", as truthful, and as funny as Welch's.

Oh, if only. I'd pay almost any amount of money to hear that! And Frid certainly couldn't do a worse job than DC might. Has anyone listened to his commentary on the Burnt Offerings DVD? I was positively floored by it - and NOT in a good way. At one point DC completely gets the story of where/how a scene was shot completely wrong and Karen Black has to explain to him where/how it was really done!  :o
Thank god it was a DVD that a co-worker who knows I like DS lent me and not one I bought! (Not that I would have actually bought it myself because I didn't particularly care for the film when I originally saw it back in '76 (even less so now) - and again, that's probably because I read and loved the book before seeing it.)