Author Topic: Lelarichia swifteria victim, Patrick McVey (John Harris)  (Read 463 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Lelarichia swifteria victim, Patrick McVey (John Harris)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 03:33:55 AM »
I don't recall the character at all. Was he in more than one episode?

Lela was tough because back then--and I think still today--women who were "nice" did not get anywhere in a male dominated industry. Interesting interview with Lela on y.t., or it was there a few years back.

G.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 07:14:13 AM »
Between the picture and the description of who is character was, I vaguely recall him.  I know there was such a character, at any rate!
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 11:39:39 AM »
I remember him messing up his lines.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
Something that's interesting is that I checked each version of the DS Almanac and while McVey is listed in both actors' list as having played John Harris in one 1966 ep, Harris isn't listed in either version's list of present day characters. At first I thought maybe that's because he was only in one ep, but other characters who were also on only one ep are included, so who knows why he wasn't? But then it's just one more goof to add to all the other goofs in those books...

Anyway, here are three screen caps of Patrick McVey/John Harris that I'd posted in the Robservations for Ep #44 -

- as well as a link to the Robservations topic in case anyone is interested to see how John Harris factored into the ep:
#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation

If I featured him in three different sections of the ep, what he contributed must have been fairly significant...

I'm betting he's also featured in several screen caps posted to the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Vicki's Arrival-Burke's Revenge-Matthew Morgan-Introducing Josette " and "Caption This! - Vicki's Arrival-Burke's Revenge-Matthew Morgan-Introducing Josette" boards - but I'm too lazy to search through those right now. And besides, Ep #44 is only 16 eps from where we currently are when it comes to posting new set ups/captures on those boards, so we'll be getting there before too long...