Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1153  (Read 882 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1153
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1153
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:20:22 AM »
Trask's a stinker.  He was sure that the knotted ascot on the voodoo doll was causing Desmond's affliction.  Does he strip the ascot off the doll the second he sees it?  No, no, he stops to soliloquize about his triumph, he heads back to Rose Cottage, stopping to talk with Daphne on the way, and once at Rose Cottage he engages Gerard in conversation before finally letting Desmond off the hook.  I hope Flora brains him with one of her books for waiting so long.

By the way, I never would talk about an ascot as casually as the Dark Shadows characters are talking about Desmond's ascot now.  None of the males of my acquaintance wear ascots.  Neckerchiefs maybe, but not ascots.  Shouldn't Trask be denouncing ascots as the Devil's neckwear?

Desmond trusts his instincts about Gerard, and he's right.  Does Quentin now or did he ever have any instincts that said anything to him about Gerard?  What blind spot in Quentin did Gerard exploit?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
I think Quentin's blind spot is his loyalty to a friend. If I remember right, it's going to be a long time before he finally acknowledges the truth. At least he's on to Trask, but it's not nearly enough.

Interesting how Daphne addresses her employer by his given name--right in front of her employer's brother-in-law. And of course said employer takes her hands--also right in front of his brother-in-law. Really, what were the writers thinking? But I guess they had to have some way to reveal the whole Randall-Joanna-Quentin triangle.

Merely braining Trask does seem too good for him, doesn't it?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
By the way, I never would talk about an ascot as casually as the Dark Shadows characters are talking about Desmond's ascot now.  None of the males of my acquaintance wear ascots.  Neckerchiefs maybe, but not ascots.

I guess you're not acquainted with any of the men from this post:

... this Style page from the current issue of Entertainment Weekly might prove: Kiss My Ascot. ...

[snow_wink]

Shouldn't Trask be denouncing ascots as the Devil's neckwear?

Considering one or two of the men depicted in that scan, perhaps Trask should have been, if only to warn future generations.  [snow_cheesy]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
People certainly take a long time to asphixiate and die from stranglings on DS; it's a sort of chronic condition.   Unless you're standing next to a dock.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »
Unless you're standing next to a dock.

And then you might just fall into the water and drown instead.  [snow_wink]