Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0966  (Read 1986 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0966
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:42:01 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0966
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »
Nick: “It’s all over now.”
Something tells me it was over before it ever began. What a bunch of knuckleheads. And how did Nicholas get involved?

Barnabas: "I think the time has come, Elizabeth, for you to know the truth about a great many things."
#1. I’m a vampire.
#2. I kidnapped Maggie Evans
#3. I killed Jason McGuire
Etc, etc…

How come Carolyn doesn’t have rock star posters or something befitting a young woman on her bedroom walls? Talk about a depressing room.

I sense that for a fraction of a second, Carolyn has doubts about marrying Jeb. Too bad her heart and hormones took control over her brain.

Nicholas regarding Jeb still being alive: “He's only staying alive through sheer force of will. Nothing else makes sense.”
This whole Leviathan thing didn’t make sense to me.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:11:29 AM »
Nick should have actually hung around and done stuff, if he wanted the cause to succeed.   Even after making his big entrance into the Leviathans story, he seemed to wander off someplace, maybe to get drunk at the Blue Whale, while unsupervised goofball Jeb did whatever popped into his head.   Does Nick even live anywhere?   Maybe he sleeps under a table at the bar.

Nicholas Blair, evil weddings a specialty.   The ceremony might have been minimally impressive had OberHaza and the Star Wars Emperor turned up.  Even they've lost interest.   A little spectacle to make up for the lameness, was that too much to ask?   While watching, Jeb in a wedding dress popped into my head.

Oh no, Jeb's got the rheumatism!!   He's comin' to join you, Elizabeth!!!   So the Leviathan cause is over... unless they can find a little glue for the Box, but I agree, that's a little too much trouble....

Back in the Carriage House, Bruno sends a zombie outside for a hose, but it's in too much of a hurry and leaves without its skin.   It must really be flopping around out there....   Aged-looking jaw on skeleton... is it a real skeleton?   It always seems very bizarre to me that we humans are horrified by corpses, yet exhibit real skeletons freely in science classes and TV shows.   And who's going to bury those zombie skeletons?

Two Jeb/C weddings in one episode.   In the dream, I imagined Buzz as a bridesmaid.   As for the cairn one, I've heard of jilting someone at the altar, but they don't usually destroy the altar too.   Demonic breach of promise?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:05:24 AM »
Well the Leviathans cause is gone! The special effects with the zombies disappearing was very WELL done. Some of the best effects I have seen on DS.

It seems as if the whole Leviathan storyline is winding down.  TRIPPY DREAM ALERT! Carolyn has been having a lot of those lately!  Jeb looks nice in a suit. Great change from the damn hippy get up.  I like the scepter that Nicholas has with the Devil's head.  Did the picture jump on anyone else’s DVD??  And were those boxes outside the door??

PS...Instead of making a post. I just thought I would let ever know I am gonna be out of town for a week.  I will miss the WP and the boards in genereal. However, but I will catch up when I get back home.  My little 88 grandmother has no computer.  I may be able to get to the local college.  We will see.  I just wanted everyone to know I hadn't disappeared!  Be well cousins.....:)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:25 AM »
Have a good trip, I hope you can help your grandmother...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:33:33 AM »
Nick should have actually hung around and done stuff, if he wanted the cause to succeed.
We don't know what limitations Diabolos may have imposed on Nicholas's participation.  It is reasonable to suspect that Diabolos has a diabolical sense of humor.  Meanwhile, I was wondering why Diabolos didn't yank Nicholas Blair back to Hell as soon as Jeb broke the box, but maybe Diabolos wanted to rub Nicholas’s nose in his failure.

I'm sorry we've seen the last of Leviathan Liz.  It would have been fun to see if she would have remained true to the Leviathan cause.

Bruno didn't lose his memory of the Leviathan cause when the box was destroyed.  Maybe the fact that he was recruited by Mr. Strack indicates that he never looked in the box, or maybe he never really believed in the Leviathan cause, but instead just thought of it as an avenue to success.  I'm liking Bruno a lot in this round of watching.  He's so wonderfully tawdry!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 01:25:10 AM »
I thought that when the story lines wind up, they seem kind of weak.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:46 AM »
Even though it only happens in a dream sequence, I found it very satisfying to see Carolyn in a wedding gown and veil.  (Vicki, Daphne, Liz, Millicent, Maggie, Kitty, Angelique and Josette wore wedding dresses... but even with her legion of fans, Julia got overlooked.)

Who sent Carolyn the dream now that the Leviathan plan is kaput?  Nicholas?  It felt like something he would do to strike back at Jeb.

We see Barnabas' reflection in the mirror again, this time at Collinwood.  Have the cameramen been inexperienced lately, or did everybody stop caring?

Barnabas: "I think the time has come, Elizabeth, for you to know the truth about a great many things."
#1. I’m a vampire.
Etc, etc…

LOL  Well said, JtW!

Did the picture jump on anyone else’s DVD??  And were those boxes outside the door??

Yes to the jump.  I can't say what was outside the coach house, but did you catch this?--

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 03:29:42 AM »
We see Barnabas' reflection in the mirror again, this time at Collinwood.  Have the cameramen been inexperienced lately, or did everybody stop caring?

Well, who can forget the times they deliberately showed VampAng's reflection in the mirror in the basement of the Old House during the creation of Eve period? It seems like the only times vampires don't cast reflections are[spoiler]in Julia's compact, in the mirror in the foyer of the Old House after Barnabas' Leviathans dream, and in the compact Hoffman uses.[/spoiler]Other than those times, reflections mysteriously appear both deliberately and unintentionally.

I can't say what was outside the coach house, but did you catch this?--

Wow - in all the times I've seen that ep I've never once noticed that. I guess I was always too intent on focusing on Nancy Barrett screaming.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 05:00:55 AM »
That is awesome MIDNITE!  To me DS is like THE WIZARD OF OZ! With every viewing I find something new! And thanks for letting me know about the jump!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
I'm watching the episodes on DVD for the first time and because they look sharper and clearer, I'm picking up on lots of little things that I didn't notice before.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:27 AM »
Same here Midnite!  It's WONDERFUL to see this show so beautiful and clear![spoiler] PT is especially EYE POPPING![/spoiler]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »
It's probably not just the DVDs but the older TVs we used to watch DS on. Many of the old cathode ray tube TVs weren't calibrated perfectly and used to crop some of the video frame so we wouldn't even see the extreme left, right, top, and/or bottom. At first I thought that possibly the DVDs were showing more than the older syndicated and Sci-fi runs might have. But I checked my tapes from both and that property credit is fully visible on both. But the difference this time around is that I was watching the tapes on an LCD TV - and they show the entire video frame. So, anyone who has only ever seen this ep on a cathode ray tube TV could have an excellent excuse as to why they never noticed the property credit.  [ghost_smiley]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »
#1. I’m a vampire.
Etc, etc…

Me thinks Elizabeth would have given Barnabas a great big hug and kiss and a rent-free existance at the Old House forever if she had ever found out what he did to Jason...the other two I think she would have had a problem with though.

I sense that for a fraction of a second, Carolyn has doubts about marrying Jeb. Too bad her heart and hormones took control over her brain.

Even though I liked that Jeb changed for the better and didn't want to make Carolyn what he was, I have to agree she was a very poor judge of character during this storyline, not only when it came to Jeb when he was still a meanie but with Megan (who she stood up for a bit misguidingly after Megan had become a Leviathan) and with Bruno. Sabrina very wisely deduced the guy looked like he couldn't be trusted and Carolyn said she had the same feeling after first meeting him but then she became convinced he was 'harmless'....and at the end of the same episode we see Bruno pull a gun on Chris and threatening him. I would have loved to have seen what Bruno did or may have said to Carolyn to convince her that he wasn't dangerous....if she simply took Jeb's word for it then truly she did let her heart stomp all over her common sense.