Author Topic: Crushes on DS Stars  (Read 8153 times)

Offline JVjr

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Crushes on DS Stars
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 02:03:50 AM »
I have always had a crush on Nancy Barrett, she was always so sexy. I also liked Donna Wandrey, Alexandra Moltke, and Kate Jackson. They are all worth mentioning as well. It certainly was a good looking show, with some very good looking actresses!!  JVjr

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2007, 02:33:59 AM »
I have to say Joanna Going definitely made an appealling Vicki, she reminded me so much of Alexandra's Vicki in the daytime show at the very beginning, before she got dumbed down. And her interpertation of Josette was equally spellbounding as well.

Even though I feel Ben Cross was only so-so as Barnabas, I did think he had more chemistry with Joanna than he did with Barbara Steele.

The only guy on the revival show that I felt I could go ga-ga over would have to be Michael T. Weiss.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 04:13:47 AM »
to me kathryn leigh scott had the "gamine" quality to perfectly carry off these styles.she wore the shortest skirts of any actress on the show.

slightly off-topic but having met several of the actresses on the show i'm struck by how tiny some of them are.the camera definitely adds hieght.nancy barrett and diana millay are pint-sized!kathryn and alexandra are slightly taller but i still had to look down to them.lara parker and marie wallace are the only actresses i think that seemed tall to me. [tngg] [tngg] [tngg]

i have been rewatching 1897 and i always knew Nancy was short (hey i'm 5'1") but never realized Diana was too
i also thought she had the prettiest dresses of all the 1897 ones

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2007, 02:02:21 AM »
Ierry Crawford must be/must have been tall.  She doesn't look short next to Quentin.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2007, 04:03:16 AM »
I'd say Terry Crawford is around 5'10". (Based on a picture of myself, a friend and Ms. Crawford a couple years ago. I'm 5'10' and she was around my height.)

Offline markyboo

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »
I had three serious DS crushes: Donald Briscoe...Joel Crothers...Tom Happer...

:P  :P  :P

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 08:40:32 PM »
Of course, Quentin is my favorite! I love those blue eyes!  [cheesyb] [love7]

When I originally watched the show, I also had crushes on Barnabas and David. [love10] (You may wonder, "Why David?"  [shkdg]  Well... He was close to my age, and I really identified with him.)  Even though I always loved Quentin, my crush on him intensified greatly when I saw him on the show after I found DS again on Sci-Fi five years ago.  [luv]

As a middle-aged woman, now I find I'm attracted to more of them!  [cheesyg] All the characters John Karlen played, Joe Haskell, Chris Jennings, Sam Evans, Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford, both Burkes,  even Professor Stokes! [winkg]  Swoon!   [love5]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2007, 01:39:34 PM »
Jonathan, now and then...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 11:46:26 PM »
There are a lot of gorgeous men on this show , and I have to give honorable mention to Don Briscoe and David Selby , but my crushes are on Peter/Jeff and Joe .
Funny enough , Ned , Dirk and Tate didn't have the same effect on me , so I guess personality counts . Nathan is smoking hot , but I know bad boys are no good ! Apparently it's the good boys who do it for me !Quentin is gorgeous but too fickle in his attentions.
Joe is so sweet and decent . Perfect husband material .
Jeff is handsome , and so devoted he crossed centuries for love ! He's also seems to be oversexed , he always seemed very , um , authentic , when making out with Vicky . I don't recall anybody else onthe show getting into their love scenes with as much enthusism as Jeff!

You know.  This time around viewing DS I have begun to see Jeff in a different light.  He does seem like he is oversexed.  All that getting worked up and breathing heavy.   Why didn't we get more Jeff with an open shirt?  That would have rocked!!   And I totally get you on the NED, DIRK, and TATE thing.  JEFF was the sexiest!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
For me it was Anthony George, then Don Briscoe and lastly Jonathan Frid.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 05:49:10 AM »
My big crush was Jonathan Frid, natch!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 06:38:31 AM »
I have to say Joanna Going definitely made an appealling Vicki, she reminded me so much of Alexandra's Vicki in the daytime show at the very beginning, before she got dumbed down. And her interpertation of Josette was equally spellbounding as well.

Even though I feel Ben Cross was only so-so as Barnabas, I did think he had more chemistry with Joanna than he did with Barbara Steele.

The only guy on the revival show that I felt I could go ga-ga over would have to be Michael T. Weiss.

Amen to everything you said. Joanna was wonderful. She was so much like the early Victoria.  I cannnot wait to see the Collectors Series (just ordered) and see early Victoria.  On Topic:

I have and still do a huge crush on David Selby.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »
Joel Crothers   
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
It was odd, but I had a crush on Kate Jackson months before I knew she had been on DS. I'd seen her on "The Rookies" but really noticed her on "Charlies Angels". This show came around about the time WLVI TV 56 showed the reruns in the '70s.  I was watching at the time and was surprised to read in a TV Guide article about Angels, that Kate had been on the show as a ghost! I kept waiting for her, and Quentin to turn up! But in the long term, my biggest crush has been on Angelique.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 05:37:52 AM »
I adore Charlies Angels. It is mindless fun.  LOL  Or "Mind Candy" as Aaron would say.  However, it did help to break a lot of barriers down for women in  television.  And of course, Honey West was the first and then Police Woman with Angie Dickinson which I am watching.  It is pretty gritty actually and Angie really gets the hang of the television show in her second year.  Nice spin off of POLICE STORY!  Sorry for getting a bit off topic.