Author Topic: Geoffrey Scott on Barnaby Jones  (Read 975 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Geoffrey Scott on Barnaby Jones
« on: April 10, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
Barnaby Jones just started and when they showed the main guest stars, one was Geoffrey Scott.  It took me a moment to realize why the name was familiar, and the brief look I had was enough for me to see a resemblance with what I recall of him.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Geoffrey Scott on Barnaby Jones
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 04:30:54 PM »
I hope he was the ep's victim. It would have been merciless to subject the audience to having him play a character who pops up often in the ep!!  [b003]

But thanks for the heads up, Josette.  [snow_smiley]  Especially because, as much as I love Barnaby Jones, I haven't seen it in years, so I don't remember the eps, so if it does pop up in my area again, I'll know which ep to definitely skip watching!!  [lghy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Looking up the details of that ep, I discovered Barnaby Jones is on MeTV. I didn't even know that. So I probably could have been recording it for weeks. Extra thanks for your post, Josette, because if you hadn't posted, quite possibly I wouldn't have ever known it's on MeTV...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
I've been binging on Mannix which is also on ME TV( I do love ME) but I have all the eps on DVD. It also is a home for DS alumni. So far I have seen 2 eps with Dennis Patrick and one with Karlen, Dana Elcar and Abe Vigoda. Also saw Dennis in an episode when I binged 2 years of It Takes a Thief. He was a busy guy.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I swear Dennis Patrick and Thayer David guested at least once on nearly every drama that was produced in the '60s and '70s.  [snow_wink]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 07:51:31 AM »
I generally don't discover who's in an episode until it's on, and at that hour usually don't bother to post, as presumably no one will see it in time anyway.  I had seen Mannix a number of years ago, but when they started it, I decided to watch it all through again.  Then, I watched the 2nd time through and was supposed to stop, but most nights I end up watching it again!  That's followed by Cannon.  I should be getting to bed by the time Barnaby comes on, but usually end up seeing it, although frequently just half-watching.  It's a newcomer to their lineup - they're just nearing the end of the first time through.
Josette

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:47:32 AM »
Speaking of Geoffrey Scott, he was also on 3 episodes of Cannon playing the doorman at his apartment building. One humorous episode was when burglars broke into his apartment while he was out of town and stole all his furniture. Of course Geoffrey didn't notice anything unusual...lol. Also glad to see another fan of Mannix Josette.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 06:02:21 AM »
Patrick - That's funny - I had no idea about him being the doorman, and the episode with all the furniture being stolen was just on several days ago!!
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
My mom was a huge Mannix fan (I think she was almost in love with Mike Connors  [cheesyg]) so originally I became a watcher because it was either watch that or nothing because for most of the time the show was on we only had one TV. But a few years back I watched the show on MeTV and I really came to appreciate it much more than I originally did. Plus, when it originally ran on Wednesday's, most of the time I was already in bed because I had to get up early to get ready for school, so I'd originally never seen most of those eps...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 03:01:48 AM »
Finished watching all seasons of Mannix and saw Dana Elcar in 3 more episodes... a two parter where he played a crooked private investigator and one where he played a corrupt sheriff. Go figure...lol.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
Speaking of Geoffrey Scott, he was also on 3 episodes of Cannon playing the doorman at his apartment building. One humorous episode was when burglars broke into his apartment while he was out of town and stole all his furniture. Of course Geoffrey didn't notice anything unusual...lol. Also glad to see another fan of Mannix Josette. 

The doorman seemed rather prominent at one point in tonight's episode, so I remembered to take a close look.  Originally I couldn't really see him that well, but I rewound a bit later and looked closely and could tell that it was "Sky."
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 03:00:13 PM »
Interesting that MeTV  showed that ep at this time of year considering that watching Geoffrey Scott can often be quite frightening!!  [Winking_Monster]

But all kidding aside, to this day I still distinctly remember the scene in which Cannon discovers all his furniture is gone. On the other hand, I don't recall anything related to it that dealt with Geoffrey Scott's doorman. I guess my mind blocked all that out...

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 09:15:56 AM »
The one with the stolen furniture just started again a little while ago.  I made sure to pay attention to "Sky."  I just looked him up before posting and it turned out he died just over a year ago, February 23, 2021.  Perhaps it was mentioned here, but I don't recall.
Josette