Author Topic: "Forgot Password" Issue  (Read 835 times)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
"Forgot Password" Issue
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
I don't know whether this problem has come up -- I didn't see it in the topic list when I did a quick browse. I just downloaded Google Chrome, and came to log into the boards. Didn't recollect my password offhand, so I did the "forgot password" thing and requested the email to reset my password. I got the email and clicked on the provided link, but all it did was tell me I was trying to enter the boards illegally, just as when I try to enter from any other link. I recollected my password, fortunately, but it appears to me that there's no way to reset my password in the event I really can't remember it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: "Forgot Password" Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:29:52 AM »
The current version of the password reminder feature has issues with the securities that I've built into the forum, so it doesn't work correctly. However, more often than not we'll catch an error in the error log that a member has had trouble logging in. Once that happens, we'll contact him/her to ask if he/she has forgotten his/her password - in which case we'll provide him/her with a temporary password so that he/she can access his/her account and then change the password for his/herself to something that's meaningful to and known only to him/her. Unfortunately, neither Midnite nor I have checked the log yet, so we didn't catch your issue. However, another way to alert us is to respond to the e-mail that the system sends out. Both Midnite and I will receive a copy of the e-mail that a member sends, and as soon as one of us sees the e-mail, we'll set up the temp password and get back to him/her ASAP.  :)

As for Google Chrome, I think you'll like it. I still prefer Firefox, but GC definitely has some nice features...

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: "Forgot Password" Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
Thanks for explaining. Usually, I'll -eventually- remember a password I forgot, but this bleepin' aging thing seems to add an ever-increasing level of difficulty.

I'm enjoying Google Chrome, though I still prefer Firefox, particularly the add-on features such as No-Script and Cool-Iris Previews.