Author Topic: Burke vs Barnabas  (Read 938 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Burke vs Barnabas
« on: April 06, 2005, 07:53:12 PM »
I'm wondering about each member's opinion regarding...

[spoiler]the demise of Burke Devlin? I don't remember it being conclusive that Barnabas caused the plane crash that claimed Burke's life over South America. I know Barn was about to do away with him and it was my first thought when Liz got the awful news. (I should have mentioned this in the thread about the saddest scenes, Joan played that scene to the hilt along with everyone else as I recall. Or was it Roger that took the call? Carolyn? Mrs.Johnson? Whoever it was, it was gut-wrenching.) As I stated, I remember thinking it was Barn at first, but I can't recall if it was just Barn catching a lucky break (as horrible as that sounds) or if we were supposed to walk away from that scene knowing it was Barn's doing. I remember him being glad about it but then being very upset about it because it hurt Vicki so.[/spoiler]

Along with opinions, if someone can state that it was conclusive either way. Or not at all conclusive; which at times seems to be one of DS many trademarks. I'd like to know.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Burke vs Barnabas
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:15:06 PM »
[spoiler]I believe it was never conclusive. They never stated what the cause of the plane crash was, or really implied that Barnabas had anything to do with it. I suppose it's one of those things you can make your own conclusions about. The scene with Elizabeth and Mrs. Johnson finding out the plane went down and then telling Vicki was really good. Mrs. Johnson told Elizabeth that she heard of the plane crashing, and Elizabeth phoned to get information. Then when Victoria came in, happily talking about Burke, Elizabeth breaks the news to her. I thought all three actresses gave great performances.[/spoiler]

I thought I'd be safe with the spoiler tags. :)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:50:50 PM »
[spoiler]How could Barnabas have caused a plane to crash? I think they could have come up with a better way to get Burke off the show. Obviously Barnabas wasn't above murder, I don't know why they didn't have him just kill Burke at the point anyway.[/spoiler]

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:17:12 AM »
I glee everytime I put that DVD in.  If Barnabas did "do it", and I was there, I'd throw a big party for him.  Probably at The Collinsport Country Club.   [band]

I never have liked Burke Devilin.  He's like the mayor.  Barging into houses.  Yells at people.

If Barnabas didn't "do it"...I'd still throw a party. [91a2]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:22:11 AM »
this came up here before.

remember that sarah told carolyn and david that someone was going to die.they heard it in the music.no one would cause it and no one could stop it.then vicki hears the wailing of the widows.

the scene where elizabeth has to break the awful news to vicki is heartbreaking.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.