Author Topic: comic book show  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: comic book show
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 08:01:19 AM »
Well, this is quite a relief to have this all clarified and learn that the 2006 Fest may not indeed be the last one!  Whew!!!!!  Thank you, Midnite!!!

Jimbo, thank you for your theory about the dealers room.  Yes, that would be very cool if they'd have the new DS busts this year!

Well, goodness, if DCP decides they don't want to have any more Fests, I don't see any reason why some other group can't have their own get-together and invite the DS actors, just like the Big Apple Con did and just like the Halloween Parties used to do.  There are a lot of actors out there besides the DS ones who go to a lot of different conventions throughout the year and sign autographs, many of whom are at least age 65, so I wouldn't think aging would be a factor as long as they enjoy it.  Plus many of them are doing a lot more than signing autographs -- they're writing and publishing books, cds, and other merchandise so it's given them a second career that they don't seem ready to retire from yet.  I'm also not sure I can really imagine DCP and Jim Pierson deciding to completely do away with any future get-together whatsoever.  There are so many fans who come each year and plus I'd think they'd want to keep up the fan interest to try to syndicate the reruns, keep selling the DVDs and other merchandise, and to try to come up with a new DS.  I just can't see that they'd be willing to let it die.  (Or am I being naive?  LOL!)  What does everyone think?

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 03:42:12 PM »
  Yes, that would be very cool if they'd have the new DS busts this year!

From what I've read, it looks like Majestic isn't releasing their DS merchandise until Fall 2005.  Hopefully they'll decide to release the busts, statues and figures earlier than that.  It'd make sense to have them at the Fest.

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 04:45:34 PM »
Does ClayGuy ever attend Fests?  (If you haven't seen his DS figures, check under "Horror Soap Opera.")

Switching reels, a dear friend gifted me with an MPI Quentin bobblehead a couple of days ago.  It is pretty darn cute.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 06:28:19 PM »
Switching reels, a dear friend gifted me with an MPI Quentin bobblehead a couple of days ago.  It is pretty darn cute.

In general, I find bobbleheads to be utterly creepy. I might have to make an exception in this case.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 12:25:14 AM »
hi guys,

i'm really sorry about the mix-up.i didn't know what can of worms i was opening. :-X

my intention was never to mislead anyone about this.what i can say is that diana millay spoke to this point with such finality,and with a litany of reasons why the 2006 fest would be the last,that i walked away from this event under the impression that an official desicion had been made.words i had with kls(which were more vague)also lead me to this impression.but i guess i mispoke when i said that anything was "confirmed".

as i already explained to midnite i posted this "report" the minute i walked in the door from the show.in my overenthusiasm i was perhaps hasty with my choice of words.

what's the expression?the road to hell is paved with good intentions. >:D

i hope you guys aren't mad. :-[
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 12:26:47 AM »
Does Clayguy
 ever attend Fests?  (If you haven't seen his DS figures, check under "Horror Soap Opera.")

Not sure if he ever goes to the Fests, but I love his stuff.  I wanna get those DS sculptures someday, as well as his Lee and Cushing busts.  The new Willard statue is amazing too.  Thanks for posting the link.

~Penny Dreadful~

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 01:08:29 AM »
I think this topic got pretty good mileage out of it. lol I like to remain optimistic that there will be more Fests post 2006. I think all we need to ensure having future Fests is to have a new DS TV series, a new theatrical DS movie and/or the classic DS shown on a major network/cable station. Is that asking for too much? lol I am also hoping that MPI has the ability to come out with new DS products  and show a bit more imagination than they have in recent years. I mean at least come out with DS Collector's plates-something-anything-just keep me awake in the Dealers' room this year. lol They may have to rename it, "Dealer" room. I do look forward in seeing the busts-now there we have a thought and other vendors we have not seen.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 04:30:12 AM »
i hope you guys aren't mad.

mscbryk,

Rumors abound in DS fandom, the DS stars are only human, and, thus, some are not above repeating them. And, of course, they're certainly free to offer their own opinions. Fans, not surprisingly, will often ascribe authority to what they say. But we should also realize that they can sometimes be as much in the dark to the actual facts as we are.  ;)  That's not to say that in certain situations they don't actually have some sort of inside info - but at the same time, it's often best not to read too much into what they might say, particularly when/if they may not make it clear that what they might be offering is simply rumors or their own opinions. The only really definitive sources for Fest info are ShadowGram and the Fest itself. However, all that being said, you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about or to apologize for. You reported the incident honestly, as you saw it - and no one should fault you for that.  :)

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 06:47:19 AM »

In general, I find bobbleheads to be utterly creepy. I might have to make an exception in this case.  ;D

The only thing I find creepy about the bobbleheads is the price.  I mean, really, $30 each????

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 07:57:20 AM »
diana was more personable than she had been when i met her in the past.  she's working on two new books.  one she hopes to have ready for this year's fest in l.a. and the other in time for the 40th anniversary fest in n.y..

"Oh great god Ra....(sigh)....please help your loyal servant think up one more book idea...."

kathryn was pleasant but briskly businesslike.  she "offered" to autograph her cd of "my dark shadow memories" if i bought it.

Ugh.

8)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>