Author Topic: Congratulations! You've won a day at the "Dark Shadows" Studio!!  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
You get to spend an entire day at the studio, wandering at will and watching everything.  You even get to choose what storyline (or, if you know, what particular episode) you're going to see being shot.

There's just one restriction: You can only ask three questions while you're there: one for the performer of your choice, one for a member of the production staff (directors, producers, writers and designers) and one for a member of the crews ( technical crew, set builders, costume and make-up people, etc.)

Even after 40 years, I'm betting there are still SOME unanswered questions out there!!!  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations! You've won a day at the "Dark Shadows" Studio!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:03:24 PM »
Hi! Very Good Topic!
While spending the day at The Dark Shadows Studio, I would watch everybody and everything, even seeing men show their chests! >:D I would also eat lunch with Joan Bennett and Grayson Hall while chewwing the fat about life on the show and etc. I would enjoy seeing David Selby recording his songs for the LP's. [gramophone]

The particular episode that I would be watching would be episode 286 (when Vicki spends the night at the Old House with Barnabas and Willie). [thumb]

My Three Questions:
1)Performer(Alexandra Moltke, Actress): What were you like as a kid growing up in New York? [flower]
2)Production Staff(Dan Curtis, Creator):Why did the production of this program move from 67th St. to 53rd St.? [clap]
3)Member of Crew(Ramse Mostoller, Head Costume Designer):Who is responsible for the costume decisions for the characters? [deal2]

After the day was done, I would join Louis Edmonds for a few martini's and dinner at his favorite restaurant. [beer]

Thanks For Making My Day Brighter!
dvlvan26
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 07:22:31 AM »
Hmm...I think I'd choose the 1995 episode when Barnabas tells Julia "Not without you.  Never without you".Then I'd probably ruin the scene by yelling to Frid "KISS HER, you #$*($)#!!!!!"

Afterward, I'd hang out with Grayson and just listen to all her wonderful stories.  Then I'd corner Dan Curtis and demand to know why the series ended in godawful 1841PT.  Later, I think I'd like to discuss the gorgeous sets with Sy Tomashoff (sp?) and compliment Robert Cobert on his perfectly beautiful musical score.  Following this already full day, I'd join the DS gang at their favorite watering hole and just listen to all the talk about work and family and any good gossip.Then Grayson would invite me to her home for dinner with Sam and Matt, where I would hope she wouldn't cook anything too exotic because I'm a girl of simple tastes. ;)

Countess (who just lived out one of her many fantasies...)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 04:11:00 AM »
I would to watch the episode in the Laura storyline where Laura tries to take David into the flames with her. [angryf] If I could wander around I would want to explore the basement in Collinwood. [Ghost00] I would ask Alexandra Moltke how she approached the character of Vicky and what did she want for her in terms of storylines. [flower][/size][/font]
MM

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »
The scene where Chris Jennings is tied up by Bruno 8)

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 06:20:02 AM »
Oooo! Sounds like fun to me!

As for the episode I would probably want one with most of my favorite characters in it. Was there an episode where Barnabas, Quentin, Angelique, Julia, Aristede and Petofi all appeared?  ;) Something in 1897 I think....

The 3 questions:

1. Can I have a small missable prop from the show?
2. Can I come back tomorrow?
3. Can I take David Selby home with me?

I don't think I could have ever visited the set. I am really excitable and probably would have disrupted shooting.  ;)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 06:55:20 AM »
3. Can I take David Selby home with me?

Yes you may.  LOL  (if he's not going home with me that day)  [lghy]

I don't think I could have ever visited the set. I am really excitable and probably would have disrupted shooting.  ;)

People weren't allowed in the studio during taping.  (although I don't know why not - nobody could have made more noise than the crew)  You had to go upstairs and watch it on a closed circuit TV in a little room near the rehearsal room.

Everyone should watch some shows using headphones.  It's amazing what you can hear -- footsteps, coughing, clearing the throat, cameras moving, cables moving along the floor, something knocking into something else, low voices talking right before a scene.....

If I'm really bored, I'll turn it way up and listen to Selby's breathing patterns.   ::)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 11:47:31 PM »
Headphones you say? I will definitely have to try that sometime!

I think I might have been trouble even in a closed off room in the next building.  ;D

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 12:29:31 AM »
if i had to pick an episode that i would want to see filmed it would have to be the seance that lead vicki back to 1795.i've seen it probably 20 times and it still gives me goosebumps. :P

there are so many actors i would loved to have questioned but just seeing my dream girl in the flesh would have satisfied me.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.