Author Topic: Which Witch sWitch Week  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Which Witch sWitch Week
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:41:54 AM »
Get ready for things to turn topsy-turvy starting July 6th. [vryevl]

Check again for more details...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Which Witch sWitch Week
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 12:16:07 AM »
[bawling2]
[size=8]BUT I'M TOO SPASTIC[/size]

:-  :'(    :-  :'(     :-  :'(

okay :-X :-X :-X :-X

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 12:09:08 AM »
Have you ever wondered if one day someone might grant your dream? Well, some people's dream may just come true at the start of Which Witch sWitch Week...

But be careful - realized dreams can sometimes turn into nightmares. [wink2]

7 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes, 52 seconds, and counting down to all the fun...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 01:49:37 AM »
Have you ever wondered if one day someone might grant your dream? Well, some people's dream may just come true at the start of Which Witch sWitch Week...

But be careful - realized dreams can sometimes turn into nightmares. [wink2]

7 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes, 52 seconds, and counting down to all the fun...

can't wait  :-*

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 07:22:21 AM »
Wow, this sounds interesting!!!  I can't wait to see what the big secret is gonna be! 

Deb

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 08:49:38 PM »
I'm certainly intrigued!
[peepwall]
[/font]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 09:17:59 AM »
As long as Which Witch sWitch Week is not a repeat of the red & purple color them in here, I'm pretty much open to whatever you do MB.  Those two colors together were really frightening.  The horror of it all. [crazd]

I realize we were 4th of July'ing but next year let's do a blue-white strip along the sides.  I'll even volunteer to do the graphic for ya.

luv, victoriawinters

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 04:58:44 PM »
As long as Which Witch sWitch Week is not a repeat of the red & purple color them in here, I'm pretty much open to whatever you do MB.  Those two colors together were really frightening.  The horror of it all. [crazd]

I realize we were 4th of July'ing but next year let's do a blue-white strip along the sides.  I'll even volunteer to do the graphic for ya.

On my monitor the background colors were red and blue.  Sorry you didn't like them.  The blue was the same as it is now so the red was the only addition; it was a bit shocking, I admit, but it was a nearly identical red to the reds used elsewhere on the forum, and I thought it made the place look festive for the holiday.

The graphic was completely separate from the forum colors and was outlined in red, white, and blue.  What didn't you like about it?

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 05:02:46 AM »
All right - it's after the 0 point and is even counting down in negative numbers now, but I don't notice anything new or even any new posts!!

Edited - I just saw what it is. ;D

Edited again - the counter's gone crazy.  After midnight it turned negative, i.e., - 1 day 59 minutes x seconds.  But, after my post it read 5 hours x minutes y seconds into the week.  5 hours?!!!
Josette

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2003, 06:01:01 AM »
Well, lessee... apart from the reversal of curses and cures, the only difference I see so far is the board moving at the opposite of light-speed. As in about five minutes to load up a single topic. I hope that's not the fundamental change one needs to get used to.

--Mark

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2003, 11:28:23 AM »
Edited again - the counter's gone crazy.  After midnight it turned negative, i.e., - 1 day 59 minutes x seconds.

Not crazy - it just reached the zero point and kept counting down until I was able to upload the new version of the script, which then had to be adjusted because the forum's time...

But, after my post it read 5 hours x minutes y seconds into the week.  5 hours?!!!

...is 5 hours ahead of EDT. That's why the period of time most of the forum's daily stats reflect runs from 7pm to midnight one day and midnight to 7pm the next day to make up a 24 hour period. It's also why people in EDT need to enter -5 as their time offset in their profiles, in CDT they need to enter -6, in MDT they need to enter -7, and in PDT they need to enter -8.

About the only member of the forum who comes close to using the forum's time as their own is Stuart. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2003, 11:54:42 AM »
the only difference I see so far is the board moving at the opposite of light-speed. As in about five minutes to load up a single topic.

Count yourself lucky that you only had to wait five minutes for posts to come up. I wasn't able to open topics until shortly before I posted my reply to Josette in this topic.

I don't quite understand what was going on because I could do anything else I wanted to do: navigate to any category/board, read/send IMs, access the forum's administration center, access our Web space, and access the forum database without any delay or problem whatsoever.

The very same thing happened one night last week, but it only lasted about 45 minutes. Interestingly, that time as well as this, I couldn't access our host's home page or their support forum, so I'm assuming whatever went on at these times is related to something our host was doing with regard to their servers. But as of this moment I have no idea what it was.

I hope that's not the fundamental change one needs to get used to.

Not so far as we've planned. And there's already a full agenda for the week. But you know, if you'd like me to, I'm sure at some point in the future I could add time delays into some of the forum's scripts - particularly if you ask me nicely. PHP has its own time delay functions built into it - and if you give me enough time, I might be able to develop a few of my own. ;D

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 02:12:42 PM »
I'm a little confused...if I like someone/someone's post, do I (for at least this week) cure or curse them??

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2003, 02:35:04 PM »
I'm a little confused...if I like someone/someone's post, do I (for at least this week) cure or curse them??

If I'm not crazy and I'm not saying I'm not, I think if we like the post we are supposed to curse it.

Ah this looks fun!  >:D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2003, 04:12:10 PM »
But you know, if you'd like me to, I'm sure at some point in the future I could add time delays into some of the forum's scripts - particularly if you ask me nicely. PHP has its own time delay functions built into it - and if you give me enough time, I might be able to develop a few of my own.

Sit down and stop foaming at the mouth, MB. There's a nice little cubbyhole over there with your name on it where you can indulge yerself with all the bugs you want without bothering anyone else.

Speed is back to normal today, so I guess it wasn't your fault. However... I'm sure there will be plenty to blame you for in the coming days.

;D[/color]

--Mark