Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0778  (Read 1602 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0778
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0778
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:32:44 AM »
VO: GH

I wanna dance with you!  It just sounds so wrong with Kaye Frye singing it!  I love B’s look with the tie!  It's very attractive.  The red is quite lovely!

Is Magda actually taking up for Barnabas?  Grayson is very formidable as Magda!   Love her! 
I like the pic in The DS Companion of GH & JF rehearsing this scene, sans Magda wig! It's very funny looking!  “Yes Barnabas! Now, now is the time!”  Of course it's a hand!  HEH! This is DS after all!  “The strongest magic is always the simplest!”  Magda  I like that line for some reason.   Did the hand creep out any of the “ran home from school” generation?   “Magda, I’m beginning to doubt that this grotesque thing will help us at all!”  That struck me funny for some reason.  And with GH screaming that famous scream I am falling almost in the floor!  FUNNY! 

Another funktastical dream for all those tripsters out there!  This is memorable of course because of the music videos compilation!  This is Highlarious and campilicious!  I guess I need to start using some real words!!

I love how Kaye Frye is painted with the glitter and semi-over the top lashes!

Poor B can't catch a break with people finding out about his vampirism!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:06:15 AM »
The fading effect on the tombstones was memorable.  Naturally Barnabas thinks it's all about him and blames himself for Rachel's death.  Rachel was foolish enough not to run when she's sees a coffin in  an old basement.   GH was great as Magda was all gleeful and then admits she stole the hand.  As soon as the dream started it had Vi Welles written all over it and sure enough the credits tell it all. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:11:02 AM »
1 -
Did the hand creep out any of the “ran home from school” generation?
2 -
I guess I need to start using some real words!!

1- Are you f'in' kiddin' me?!?!   That pickled appendage with the big ugly bone sticking out of it was the most precious freak-out of my childhood!   When I re-acquired DS in 2002, the big moment I was waiting for was.... THE HAND!!!!

2- LOL!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »
Glad to hear about your experience Magnus.  I was wonering if anyone would respond.  NICE to hear your take!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »
Naturally Barnabas thinks it's all about him and blames himself for Rachel's death.  Rachel was foolish enough not to run when she's sees a coffin in  an old basement.

I always assumed that Barnabas was referring to Dirk's threat and impossible demand when he blamed himself for Rachel's death, but it hit me during tonight's viewing that when he added, "[I failed her] the same way as I have with every woman I ever loved-- by being what I am," he was referring to Angelique's curse and that everyone who loved him was destined to die.  And oddly enough, making Rachel a victim of the curse, despite her own foolishness, does seem to make sense.

Barnabas to Magda:  "I know that you would gladly lie to save your neck."
Ha!  Literally too.  [winkb]

At the start of Carl's dream, there was yet another blooper of someone scooting past the camera, sigh.

Barnabas to Pansy (referring to Carl):  "He's the brightest of the lot."
Since it was his dream, is that really what Carl believes?  Really?

I am a Kay Frye fan!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »
Barnabas to Pansy (referring to Carl):  "He's the brightest of the lot."
Since it was his dream, is that really what Carl believes?  Really?

Don't we all tend to think we have things right and others have things wrong?   And yes, I think that's what Carl thinks every time he plays a joke on someone!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. This was the first appearance of The Hand of Count Petofi! [cheesyg]
2. Barnabas revealed towards the end of this episode that his coffin was in the Secret Room in the Mausoleum. He must have moved it in Episode #770 when, after Jamison found the coffin in the basement, Edward looked there and found no coffin. So that means Barnabas was not in the Old House in Episode #776, when I wondered why nobody was guarding him. [ideag]
3. Pansy Faye revealed to Carl in a dream that the vampire was at the Mausoleum (indirectly telling him that it was Barnabas, of course). [shkdg]

I really like the image of Carl superimposed over the image of the cemetery during the opening voiceover. [ghost_cheesy]

It was great when Magda couldn't keep the truth from Barnabas and admitted that she stole the Hand. [ghost_wink]

I love Carl's psychedelic, crazy, and spooky dream! [color] Yes, I agree, Taeylor, that it was weird to hear Kay Frye sing "I'm Gonna Dance for you" instead of Nancy Barrett. But I loved it, anyway. [winkg]

Did the hand creep out any of the “ran home from school” generation?
Yes, it creeped me out quite a bit when I was a kid - sometimes it still does! It was really scary when i originally saw the hand in action, but now I just think it's funny. I realize how fake it all is. It's a pretty ugly hand, though, isn't it?

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:42:27 PM »
Pansy reminds me of Sarah's ghost.  First she was wandering around looking for but unable to find the person she wanted - just like Sarah.  Then she was telling a little boy (that's Carl, folks) that there was a vampire on the premises - just like Sarah.  And everything would have been better if she had kept her mouth shut - just like Sarah.  Luckily, Kaye Frye's a better actor than Sharon Smyth, so Pansy doesn't annoy me the way Sarah did.  Or else it's just that Carl caught on sooner than David did.

“The strongest magic is always the simplest!”  Magda  I like that line for some reason.
Yes, that line struck me, too.  It seems as though it must be true, and one's gut feeling says that it should be true.  The fewer joints and curves something has, the stronger it will be.  But I'm not sure that it is infallibly true.  Sometimes the truth is complicated.  If Evan Hanley had missed a bat or a rat or some other detail in the ceremony at the cottage, would Angelique have appeared in the fireplace?

Speaking of joints and curves...the two hinges on the box containing His Excellency's hand looked shiny and 20th century.  I'm sure Magda could give us a fancy gypsy reason as to why.