Author Topic: DS fest 2008- This is Sara (I got an account on here)  (Read 3153 times)

Offline nightshadows342

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Fan Videos
Re: DS fest 2008- This is Sara (I got an account on here)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I know he was kidding. He's a joker. He told me that he was signing autographs on friday and someone asked him,"where's Jerry Lacy at?" He replied, "Oh he passed away yesterday. There was this old lady who had broken down on the side of the roadand he pulled over to help her-unfortunately he was hit by an oncoming car." apparently the person bought it, not expecting that he would joke about that sort of thing. But He loves leading people on. It's one of his hobbies I think.
Dark Shadows Fan Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/scareolyn

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 05:01:54 AM »
Hi Sara!

I remember you!  We were sitting at the same table in the bar on the last night of the fest!  It was us, your sister, your Mom, Frank, Angela and Valerie!  It was very nice meeting you!  Welcome toThe Forum!

Always, Minja [vryevl]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline nightshadows342

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Fan Videos
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
Hey!! Yeah, that was a fun night!! You're probably in one of the many goofy pictures I took that night!  :D
I will probably post all of the pictures I managed to take on my myspace when I get home to TN-- Monday or Tuesday.

http://www.myspace.com/nightshadows342
Dark Shadows Fan Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/scareolyn

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »
someone asked him,"where's Jerry Lacy at?" He replied, "Oh he passed away yesterday. There was this old lady who had broken down on the side of the roadand he pulled over to help her-unfortunately he was hit by an oncoming car." apparently the person bought it, not expecting that he would joke about that sort of thing. But He loves leading people on.

OMG, that's terrible - but I love it!  [lghy]

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »
Really?  Imagine for a moment that you were a dedicated Jerry Lacy fan and this was the first thing you heard, being a newbie at conventions and figuring, not unreasonably, that a DS actor would never impart such a traumatic "whopper."  Or would never act rudely when he or she  didn't actually mean it.  What is the point of this, after all?

I used to be charmed by some of JK's remarks and stories, having enough knowledge by then, to pick the grain of truth from the chaff.  Now I find a lot of them cringe-worthy, far more so than the much-discussed political talk by an actor I at least respect as pretty honest about his beliefs and convictions.

JK had his good moments this year in the re-resurrection of Barnabas scene, and I sympathize with the griefs of any older person as I am having more and more myself as time goes on.  But that's really the limit.  Indeed, I pretty much only spoke to him once the whole weekend, and that was not my choice, when at one time it was a pleasure.
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »
It kind of reminds me of that old joke about Willie Nelson. My aunt called me to tell me Willie Nelson died and I of course was " Oh my God that is terrible, how did it happen" Aunt Shirley replies " He got hit by a car playing on the road again"  I completely bought into the whole joke thinking it was real. Afterwards I did have a chuckle on myself. [ghost_rolleyes]
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"