Author Topic: "No Acting Please"  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"No Acting Please"
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »
Here's one:

If you could go back in time and play any character you wanted on the show, who would it be and why?  Or, it doesn't have to be an existing character.  Maybe there's a certain type of character you think a particular storyline might have benefited from.

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "No Acting Please"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 11:02:13 AM »
I just realized "No Acting Please" may be a dumb title for this thread.  LOL
It just popped into my head.  It's the title of a book of acting exercises by Eric Morris that
"teach the actor to systematically eliminate his or her instrumental obstacles -- tensions, fears, inhibitions -- and explore the being state, where the actor does no more and no less than what he or she feels."   ::)

Okay....[idontknow]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 05:57:23 PM »
lol. It's cool. I think I'd play Maggie Evans just b/c she's one of the deeper characters on the show. That and her downward spiral into regression and then, perhaps, insanity, intrigued me. She went a little nuts, the poor girl, but she made it through. I just wish she would have gotten her memories back.

If KLS beat me out for the role (don't all insult me at once  :P) then I'd definitely want to be a writer. I think in order to be a good writer, you have to also be a fan of the show. I'm not sure that the writers DID watch the show, from what I've seen. There are a lot of potholes in the storylines and not enough character development. Wow, and this is my favorite show I'm beating up. lol. ~DJ

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 06:23:40 PM »
Vicky, for the chance to explore Collinwood and the Old House with their spooky locked doors, abandoned wings, basements and ghosts.[/font][/size][ghosty]
MM

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:34:53 PM »
Despite her fate, I would be Josette. She's my favorite female character, and I would love to play a character set in another time to be able to wear all of those dresses. It doesn't hurt that she's Barnabas' love either. ;) Kitty Hampshire would've been fun to play, especially if she would've retained her early personality.

Victoria would've been a great character to play on the show in the pre 1795 days, for the reasons Maria stated. But I couldn't handle playing her after 1795, during the Adam storyline and of course there's Jeff Clark. So she's out of the question due to those factors.

Like Maybellique, I wouldn't have minded being a writer. While I watch the show I sometimes think to myself "What if they had done this, instead of doing that?" or "They're passing up a great opportunity here". DS is my favorite show, but I have to admit that if I'd been writing, certain things would've been done differently... : )

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 01:02:16 AM »
I always wanted to be David because we were the same age.  He had so many "adventures," was always the center of attention, was a kid with a trust fund (even then I fantasized about being loaded to the hilts), and had Maggie for a governess.  What more could any red-blooded American boy want?

Gerard

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 02:46:49 AM »

I would love to play the role of Angelique!  Villains are always the most fun to play.  >:D

~Penny Dreadful~ 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 06:55:05 AM »
Naturally, I would want to play the role of Julia - with a few modifications.  First, I'd burn her entire wardrobe and get thee to Calvin Klein and Carolina Herrera.  Most important, I wouldn't take any of Barnabas' crap.  I chose Julia for her brains, her confidence, her bravery, her compassion and her cheekbones!

Countess

Offline jeffreywj777

• Junior Poster
  • A Story of Blood Relations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 04:51:58 PM »
I have always wanted to be a new character on the series. Someone who doesn't seem to remember who he is or how he came to Collinwood, but yet somehow knows all the other characters and their situations. Maybe another of Charles Delaware Tate's creations with a portrait that give me some protective powers.
Jeffrey

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 05:41:05 PM »
I'd play Roger. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for me, lol. Early Roger would have been a hoot to play.

Aristede is also a chartcer that looks like lots of fun to play.

Put me in drag and (hands-down) I'd play Liz. (Wink to Gothick -- the only living being who's seen my Liz immitation).

Julianka would be too much fun too. And Laura as well.

As to why, well, not only do these parts look like a lot of fun but in the case of Roger and Liz, they are really good parts (early years). I love Liz and how she manages to be a different person with each character she faces. There is like 10 different Liz's. A really juicy role. It's why Liz is my favorite character. Her interaction with all the characters (pre Barn) is priceless.

It's Roger's dialogue that draws me to that role -- Though I wonder if I could keep a straight face (no pun intended).

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 05:50:06 PM »
dom's impersonation of Liz is thespian perfection incarnate.  You've got the model stance, the annoyed look, and the tilt of the chin down to a flawless T.

I'd play Tom Jennings' secret boyfriend.  All my most significant scenes would be played off camera, however.  *pout*

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 05:57:40 PM »
Gothick -- the only living being who's seen my Liz immitation

But I'm not bitter.  ;)

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
dom's impersonation of Liz is thespian perfection incarnate.  You've got the model stance, the annoyed look, and the tilt of the chin down to a flawless T.

It's a shame I don't have the hair anymore. :(  ;)

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 06:30:30 PM »

But I'm not bitter.  ;)

LOL!

:-*

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 07:46:06 PM »

But I'm not bitter.  ;)

LOL!

Well, I am.....you never did it for me either!!

[bawl]

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas