Author Topic: Wasn't she lovely!...  (Read 1607 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Wasn't she lovely!...
« on: October 17, 2002, 09:32:28 PM »
Hey guys!...I just wanted to take a second and comment on the DS closing today for the first episode.It was nice how they showed the picture of Sabrina on the closing.I must say that Lisa Richards was absolutely stunning on that pic!It was cool the way they focused on her picture all during the episode and then showed the way she looks now(as Chris and Julia saw her).I have to add that DS has had some pretty "unique" closing settings...(The Chest Liz thought Paul was buried in,Maggie's dream sequence-ep.478,that closer that had Dr. Lang's tape recorder,the flowers on Barnabas' accidental burial grave,David and Amy's jacks on the floor,etc.)..So, I would like to know two questions..1) what did you guys think of Sabrina's pic?...and 2) What are some of the most "unique" DS closing scenes you can remember?..

Thanks

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Wasn't she lovely!...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 09:51:49 PM »
Hi Adra,

This is a bit off the intent of your subject and perhaps better stated in a pet peeves post but I would like to respond nonetheless on Sabrinas's picture in Chris's humble abode.

I find it totally absurd that the picture of Sabrina would be there at all. I've noticed that on Dark Shadows, 8X10 portraits seem to pop up out of nowhere when needed. Drives me bonkers, it does...

One closing credits set that stands out most in my memory was when they showed a set (perhaps a room in Collinwood - I don't remember which one but I would guess it was the drawing room - may even have been a cemetery shot - I really can't remember) while a storm was raging and they dubbed in the sound of the thunder with the closing theme. That was so awesome and rare that it was the first one that came to mind after reading your query. I believe it may have been the only time this was done in the series but I don't know that as a fact.

Dom

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 07:41:15 AM »
Thanks for replying Dom!...I do remember one particular closing theme that had a storm.It was one of the Episodes when Jeff Clark was putting on his marriage to Vicki(Alexandra Moltke).It showed the gate leading to the terrace and you could hear the thunder and it was lightening too.It was pretty neat.

Adra

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 10:41:35 AM »
I thought Sabrina looked very pretty in the picture but as Dom had mentioned, it is funny how these 8X10's suddenly pop up out of the blue.  Im sure if it had been there all along, Carolyn surely would have noticed it and questioned Chris about it.  The significance of this of course was to show us what Sabrina looked like BEFORE she witnessed Chris' transformation.

I found it funny when Ned said to Julia and Chris upon their visit that "this is how he found her the next day!"  
I guess it didn't take long for her hair to turn white over night! [wow]

As for the closing credits, I really can't say I remember any because I usually fast forward those when the show ends.  The one that Dom mentioned though sounds interesting.  Wished I'd seen that.

"Calamity Jane"

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 12:00:09 PM »
didnt he pull her picture out of a drawer?  I'm not sure... but if he did.. that would make sense that he kept a picture of her but had it put away instead of displaying it where it would be sure to provoke questions

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 03:06:26 PM »
My favorite closing has to be when they played Dr. Lang's tape for the 100,000th time while watching the waves crash on to the shore!

I think Sabrina's hair turned white when she found out that Roger Davis was going to play her brother.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2002, 03:19:36 PM »
Chris did take the picture out of a drawer.  I don't think Carolyn would have seen it unless she was exploring where she shouldn't have been while in his cottage.  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2002, 10:39:46 PM »
My favorite closing has to be when they played Dr. Lang's tape for the 100,000th time while watching the waves crash on to the shore!

Hey, that's right!  I had totally forgotten about that one, thanks for refreshing my memory!  That one was so different from the others.

Blue_Whale_Barfly Wrote:

I think Sabrina's hair turned white when she found out that Roger Davis was going to play her brother.

ROTFL!!!  You are hysterical!   :-)
I knew there had to be a logical reason for this somewhere!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2002, 10:57:20 PM »
Im sure if it had been there all along, Carolyn surely would have noticed it and questioned Chris about it.  The significance of this of course was to show us what Sabrina looked like BEFORE she witnessed Chris' transformation.

Unless I'm mistake, we saw Chris taking the photo out of the drawer, so presumably it had not been sitting out in the open all along. However, I agree there seems to be a preposterous abundance of 8 x 10 glossy black-and-white photos that are so obviously the actors' head shots for their portfolios. It wouldn't take that much effort to take a more realistic photo for such scenes. I guess they figured in those days the general viewing audience wasn't overly familiar with show business and what standard head shots look like. It always cracked me up how Maggie had her own photo on her nightstand in her bedroom.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2002, 11:59:32 PM »
Well, I just HAVE to comment on another aspect of the scene with Sabrina. Don't you think a big strong wolfyman could at least CATCH the frail little greyhaired hag he used to be engaged to instead of letting her hit the floor face first???? I mean, he was right THERE.

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2002, 01:00:06 AM »
If you think that Sabrina's grey wig looked a fright, wait until you see the auburn helmet style one that she wears for the rest of the show! Ouch!
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2002, 09:44:33 AM »
LOL...you guys are a riot!...I can't wait to see Sabrina's hair later in the series.Sounds like fun!Does anyone remember the particular closing with Dr.Lang's tape recorder and the waves...i saw those episodes and that one does not sound familiar.

Adra