Author Topic: DATING GAME  (Read 793 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
DATING GAME
« on: May 04, 2002, 02:15:03 PM »
All the Collins men (Roger, Barnabas, Quentin, etc.) vary (or are there some similar threads) in their taste for women. Yet, there is a pattern that each of them seem to follow with regards to their choice. Topic is open for comments and discussion...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: DATING GAME
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 03:16:48 PM »
Barnabas prefers them pretty, submissive, gentle, kind and above all, young.  I suppose because he "died" as a young man, he still looks for that youthful beauty, even though he himself looks older.

SPOILERS...

Roger likes women who mistreat him.  He and Laura became husband and wife only because she supported (lied) about Burke's guilt at his manslaughter trial.  That isn't a very happy way to start a marriage, and the fact that she was a superntural creature didn't improve matters. She gave birth to David and Roger wasn't even sure he was his son, although I guess he came to love him no matter what.  Laura used Roger, and so shall Cassandra, his next wife.  

Quentin preferred them shallow.  Beth had such depth and loved him so much, despite his supernatural "handicap".  Foolish man had an affair with her, then essentially dumped her when Amanda Harris, a two dimensional character from the paintbrush of C. D. Tate, came into his life.  She was pretty, but vapid, and some might say the perfect match for the Quentin of that era, who for a long time was pretty vapid and superficial himself.

Love, Robin

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 11:16:34 PM »
Quentin: For him, the woman needed to be pretty and have a pulse.

Barnabas: For him, the woman needed to be pretty and young--pulse not required (can we say Roxanne?)  Unattainability a plus.

Roger: who the hell knows?  All we really have to go on is Laura.  We can't use Cassandra to go by because Roger doesn't exactly pick her, now does he? If forced to guess, I would say he'd go for the sophisticated, attractive, slightly nasty type.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 11:30:44 PM »
Quentin: For him, the woman needed to be pretty and have a pulse.

Barnabas: For him, the woman needed to be pretty and young--pulse not required (can we say Roxanne?)  Unattainability a plus.

Roger: who the hell knows?  All we really have to go on is Laura.  We can't use Cassandra to go by because Roger doesn't exactly pick her, now does he? If forced to guess, I would say he'd go for the sophisticated, attractive, slightly nasty type.

Luciaphil

SPOILER...

That's great Luciaphil!!
sometimes if wonder if Quentin's ladies had to have a pulse  if you are created with a brush like Amanda
i doubt you'd have a pulse.Don't think Quentin would have cared!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2002, 08:52:26 AM »
The one important thing that I notice about Barnabas is that he always seems to choose those who didn't love him, and the ones who did love him, he didn't want. For him it was always those SYT's on the show. He had no trouble falling in love with them, just as long as it wasn't Angelique. :-*

Poor Roger never had any luck with women either. First Laura, then Cassandra! The poor guy wound up with two supernatural beings. With that kind of a record, it's no wonder he gave up after that!

SPOILER.......SPOILER........SPOILER..........SPOILER.........
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

As for Quentin, he had no problem finding women. It was keeping them that was the problem. Except for Beth, he seemed to choose the more shallow types.  During the 1897 storyline alone, he had about five who he was with at one time or another. At least Barnabas's love interests spanned out over the centuries! ;)
"Calamity Jane"