Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1193  (Read 1172 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1193
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:11:18 AM »
Robservations #1193

FAREWELL, VIRGINIA VESTOFF!

Virginia Vestoff makes her final appearances on DS in this ep...

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1193
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:20:27 AM »
Whoa! Hunka Hunka John Karlen! Da-rool, da-rool...

Daphne's shadow falls upon PT Julia. How is that possible? Hmm...

Joanna Mills, Ghost Avenger. I’m lovin’ it!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
Whoa! Hunka Hunka John Karlen! Da-rool, da-rool...

Daphne's shadow falls upon PT Julia. How is that possible? Hmm...

Chuckle and good point respectively...

Well, I guess there was a good reason I didn't remember much about PT Samantha!   Good PT choice she made, not living with Collinses....   Grayson Time tells us in the VO that we're still in 1840 and thus also PT1840.   They don't seem to be very hearty New Year revelers.   ***  Now ghosts Joanna, Sam, Gabriel, and Daniel can all hang out and have reverse seances or non-corporeal Twister sessions.   We see our first PT1840(1) scene outside of the Room, during which RT Daphne was just patiently standing there watching Julia Collins watch Kendrick and Sam out the window, I guess...

Joanna TO Daphne: "You and Daphne are going to leave Collinsport forever!"  Kate Jackson laughs a little I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:57:02 AM »
Not much longer till [spoiler]full PT.[/spoiler] I will be back then.....:)  I have missed you all! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »
Regular Time just not good enough for you, eh?  Happy 2400!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
They don't seem to be very hearty New Year revelers.
Can you blame them?  It is reasonable for them to assume that the New Year won't bring them anything good, because no New Year ever does on Dark Shadows.

Joanna walked back into Collinwood as if she owned the place, and resumed being the line-flubbing Glinda the Good Witch.  And then she tried to get Daphne to sing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" over Samantha's death - or something like that.  She's very weird.

They didn't go to much trouble to make dead Samantha look realistically rock-ravaged, but I suppose there wasn't time for that, and anyway, we got the picture.  She was satisfyingly limp when Gerard held her.  Golly, what a thing to bring in the front door!  ("It followed me home, Ma!")  Couldn't Gerard have brought her in the back door, or left her out on the terrace to dry?

We see our first PT1840(1) scene outside of the Room, during which RT Daphne was just patiently standing there watching Julia Collins watch Kendrick and Sam out the window, I guess...
Yeah, that was cheating, but never mind, Julia with the binoculars made me laugh.  I daresay she can carry them around without any trouble in that tent of a garment she's wearing, and haul them out whenever she espies a situation in the distance that demands her attention.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
RT Daphne laments, Three people dead in twenty-four hours! I suppose she doesn't realize that's perfectly normal for Collinwood. And no wonder she isn't in the mood to celebrate when Joanna tells her that she (D.) and Q1 can be married.

Gerard announces that he's going to talk to Lamar Trask about funerals for Edith and Samantha. Apparently he has completely forgotten about Gabriel--but then again Gabriel wasn't part of his little coven/harem.

I also enjoyed seeing PT Julia and her handy binoculars. Despite his green coat, I've always liked Kendrick.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
It's not a time for revelry for the DS characters, but it is for us.   The end of a storyline always brings with it multiple character deaths, some of which can be very satisfying, especially the more Trasky ones.   Even if one did not like the storyline, the deaths of those irritating characters can compensate.    So rejoice, and enjoy.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
Yes, nothing signals the end of a story line like a corpse-littered stage--just like Shakespeare, methinks.  [snow_wink]

*getting a bit warm for the snowperson emoticons*

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
Actually I love 1840 Magnus. However, I go so behind I couldn't get caught up. With doing the zine I have been so busy.  So I thought 1841 PT would be a good place to jump back in.  And then hopefully we will start the beginning eps! :)

PS...thanks for the happy 2400! I am eyeing the God postion!  :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/