Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0863  (Read 743 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0863
« on: January 15, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »
Robservations #863

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0863

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
Louis E VO.  It really is suicide for Thayer-Q and Evan to stage this reverse bodyswap, without any plan for what to do with Petofi after, to neutralize him.  I think Evan gets carried away by whatever ego boost and sense of his own mastery and power that he gets from expecting to succeed at these kinds of things.  And that's what trips him up here, I think.  It was going fine until Evan framed it all as a "demand".  I think the dark whoevers were perfectly fine with helping him out of his jam, up until he had to make it all about his imagined power, and started ordering them around.

Selbtofi starts Evan's punishment, and I like how he merely touches EH's head with the new Hand for an instant, but conveys all the magic and information about what he wants Evan to do, in that instant.  Suddenly Evan knows the whole plan.  Well, except for the last part, which is going to be a surprise.

Again, Selbtofi and ThayerQ get a two-shot in which they're the same height.  Weird. 

I like the card game in the drawing room.  Ed and Judith play with Selbtofi hanging around on the sidelines I think??  He's busy with Evan though isn't he?  These notes are a couple days old...   I liked Edward's ultimate blow at Judith... that the servants were gossiping about Gregory and Amanda while Judith was away. 

Gregory's back!  Unexpectedly, I like Edward here, for the only time as himself (not the butler) that I can think of... when he listens through all of Trask's story patiently, feeding him as much rope to hang himself as he's willing to take... Ed is actually having fun, tut-tutting over poor Greg's travails, and so do we.  My only disappointment was that Trask's face didn't go into some interesting sort of spasm, when Judith appeared.

Evan at his own grave offers helpful suggestions... like "He shouldn't be allowed to leave." (ThayerQ)  That's almost funny.  Selbtof announces his intent to bury Evan alive.  End.  (You know, it would be less conspicuous to bury him alive someplace else other than a cemetary.  Why's it have to be a cemetary?)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:19:35 PM »
ThayerQ must be standing on a box for those two-shots.

According to my old notes, Selbtofi is reading while Edward and Judith play cards. Actually, I doubt if the real Quentin had time for such things, what with all those women! But Edward has a fine time needling Judith about her husband. Judith departs in a huff (after wining the game, of course). Edward tries to enlist the man he thinks is his brother in somehow getting rid of Trask, but Selbtofi hasn't met Trask yet and doesn't know Quentin's peril.

The scene where Trask returns and lays it on thick to Edward about how ill Judith is--priceless, especially the moment where Judith steps out onto the balcony and says, Good evening, Gregory. My notes say that after the commercial, Trask practically goggles at the sight of her. Their reunion conversation in the drawing room, with Edward listening eagerly at the door, is hilarious, especially when Judith announces that she's gotten her power of attorney back.

Evan has dug a very neat grave, not knowing that he is to be the tenant. Maybe Selbtofi sent him to the cemetery because it would be easier to find him there than in the apparently vast and trackless woods around Collinwood.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »
Is Amandas next appearance in [spoiler]the last 1897 episode?[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 05:59:06 AM »
I've been wondering when we see Amanda again, joeytrom.

I can say, DL, that Petofi and Trask do meet before this at least once... when Petofi appears at Collinwood and interrupts Trask as he's about to shoot himself.  I was going to say he was there to deliver Tate's painting.  Now I'm not sure. 

I think Petofi knows about Trask's having married into money by way of Judith, and knows Quentin's resentment of it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
We will definitely see Amanda again. But I'm not telling.  [snow_cheesy]

Petofi interrupts Trask? I don't remember that.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure Petofi saves Trask's life by distracting his attention when he was about to shoot himself.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
I believe you, I just don't remember when this happened. I guess before Trask married Judith?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:10:01 AM »
I think Trask was already established as in charge of Collinwood.  Judith must have been in the sanitarium.  Q was awaiting the dawn in the cell downstairs, and Ang was trying to eliminate Trask as a threat to Q.  Bit it wasn't necessary, because Tate had finished the portrait, and Petofi was delivering it.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:29:10 PM »
Now I remember. Thanks, MT!