Author Topic: OT: "Let Me In" Trailer  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
OT: "Let Me In" Trailer
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
For those of you who don't know, Let The Right One In was a Swedish film about a little boy and a child vampire who form a very close bond.  It was a big hit, just as the novel upon which it was based was a best-seller.  Quite rightfully, imho.

Now Matt Reeves (who directed Cloverfield) has adapted the novel into an American setting and the trailer has been released.  It stars Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit Girl in Kick Ass), Koki Smit-McPhee (The Road) with Elias Koteas and Richard Jenkins.

Here is the trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_7z_HJKYI

Be warned--this is NOT Twilight nor Young Dracula or something cute.  The story is beautiful and moving, but dark and disturbing as well.  I am looking forward to this new version very much.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: OT: "Let Me In" Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
From the thread title, I thought this must be a video about Barnabas banging on the PT room's door, begging "LET ME IN!!!"
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:34:17 AM »
But that wouldn't have been OT.  [ghost_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:50:58 AM »
The trailer looks very promising. I think it has great potential.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »
I really enjoyed LTROI. I really hope that the violence doesn't go over the top for the American audience and just make it a gore fest. That's what I liked about the original. There's really only a couple of scenes that are truly violent. (Granted, these are blood sucking vamps who kill for blood.) Most of the violence is only hinted at or shown in a perspective where you know what's going on, but not really shown on camera. The ending scene at the pool is a great example. That's what made that movie a stand out among vampire movies for me. Just the quiet scenes of the kid making the scrap book and communicating with the vampire girl through the wall with morse code made this movie very cool. It is subtitled but there's not really a whole lot of dialog to get bogged down in. Really the characters speaking another language just added to the other-worldliness of this environment. Great flick!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
I was rather taken with the original; the look of this version appears very close to it. Hope it will do the source justice.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 02:32:31 AM »
The original LTROI is a fantastic film.  I'm a bit wary of the remake.  It seems sort of pointless.  Why not just release the original with subtitles?  Sigh.

~Penny~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
Why make another version of Hamlet?  Why do another Dark Shadows?  The writer/director was approached about doing an English language version.  He watched the first film and was not convinced there should be a remake.  He read the novel, was very moved, met with the novelist.  In effect this is another adaptation of the same book.  Why not?  I can recall two different versions of Les Liaisons Dangereuses that came out at the same time--and a third (Cruel Intentions) was made a few years later.