Author Topic: Amy Jennings  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Amy Jennings
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:01:45 PM »
Hello Dark Shadows Fans,

As you can tell obviously my favorite character of Dark Shadows is Amy Jennings. I have always wondered if Denice Richardson had decided to stay with the show until it's end, if the show would have lasted longer.

Please Answer The Following Questionare

(1) What is your favorite Amy storyline or timepiece?

(2) What would you have wanted for Amy if the charactor had stayed until the end, or what do you see what the writers could have done?

(3) Who were Amy's Parents and how did they die?

(4) Would the show have lasted or been better in it's final years had Amy been present?

Thanks for answering!

Konnie
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Amy Jennings
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 10:53:07 PM »
1. The introduction of Quentin. David and Amy go exploring in the west wing and find the old telephone and talk to Quentin.
2. If she had stayed maybe the writers would have done a search for identity story parallelling Vicky's since
3. I don't know about her parents.
4. No. Just Denise staying probably would not have saved the show.
8)
MM

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 03:35:41 AM »
I think Amy's parents were killed in a car accident.  After than, [spoiler]her older brother Tom is attacked in the woods and ends up dying.[/spoiler]

I would have loved to see Amy do a characterization of a little girl who is very gifted with ESP.  She would be such a sweet girl but I could also see her fighting a darker side of her personality. The darkness to her personality wouldn't necessarily be caused by a curse.

My favorite storyline is when she first arrives at Collinwood and her interactions with the ghosts of Quentin and Beth and of course with David and the rest of the Collinses.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 06:40:07 AM »
I have always wondered if Denice Richardson had decided to stay with the show until it's end, if the show would have lasted longer.

Please Answer The Following Questionare

(1) What is your favorite Amy storyline or timepiece?

(2) What would you have wanted for Amy if the charactor had stayed until the end, or what do you see what the writers could have done?

(3) Who were Amy's Parents and how did they die?

(4) Would the show have lasted or been better in it's final years had Amy been present?

Hi Konnie,
  I think you mean Denice Nickerson...
 Amy Jennings was quite a kid, and although I did not care that much for the Laviathan storyline Amy was very
 good... from her evil little grins  >:D to thinking that a certain ghost had come back to get her...  :o Amy was very busy running about either screaming or thinking of ways to kill some one....

I think it would have been nice if she had been told she and David were cousins, perhaps she could have been adopted by Liz as was Daniel by Joshua.

I understand that Amy's parents died in an accident of some kind.. who they were nor their name were ever mentioned.

As valued as Amy was her persence would not have made the show last longer... however had JF changed his mind and  returned to his Barnabas role and had DH returned along with KLS I believe DS would have
gone on to at least one more season.   ;D that would have been loverly...
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 08:50:49 AM »
Favorite Amy storyline: how Amy could see the sign of the pentagram on the face of the werewolf's next victim(s). Interesting how Chris, as the werewolf, could attack his girlfriends (Sabrina, Carolyn) without hesitation, but never laid a paw on Amy.

Direction of Amy's character: if she had stayed on, we wouldn't have been subjected to.... Hallie Stokes!! Then again, how many times can the same kid become possessed (David wins at 3)!? Wished Amy had burned more of brother Chris' shirts, so we'd have more shirtless Don Briscoe moments to cling to.

Amy's parents: not sure how they died, but they apparently never knew of their Collins ancestry, or chose not to share it with their children. Given the age difference between Amy and Tom & Chris, the parents obviously kept up an active sex life.

Amy stops cancellation of DS?: perhaps if she returned to Collinwood as a giant blueberry, forcing Barnabas and Julia to travel to Wonka-land, and vent revenge on the Oompa Loompas. Seriously though, I lost interest in the show after Amy, Chris and other old-time characters vanished from the plot. She was a talented young actress.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 09:41:47 AM »
Well, I'm not sure about the Amy stories, but my favorite scene with Denise Nickerson is when she is Nora in 1897 and her father is getting interested in Lady Kitty.  There is a scene with Nora and Kitty where they are playing cards or some game.  Lady Kitty is trying to be nice to her and make a connection, but Nora is very shrewd and "snotty" with her.  I've always loved that one.
Josette

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 03:00:51 PM »
My favorite is the "Quentin and Beth haunting".   [gramophone] [ghosty]

She "looked" so innocent.

And Sandor...when you put in on your sight...."Given the age difference between Amy, Tom & Chris, thr parents obviously kept up an active sex life."...I laughed so loud, well I was glad that there was nobody here except me.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 12:58:11 AM »
And Sandor...when you put in on your sight...."Given the age difference between Amy, Tom & Chris, thr parents obviously kept up an active sex life."...I laughed so loud, well I was glad that there was nobody here except me.

Could you imagine the front-page obituary?: "Amorous older couple crushed in back seat of car at Collinsport Drive-In, during a screening of "Satan In High Heels" starring Grayson Hall. The victims, Mr. and Mrs. Jennings, still frisky from one of them inheriting the Quentin-Collins-Insatiable-Libido Curse, were attempting to give their young daughter Amy a baby brother or sister. " No wonder the guilt-ridden tot ended up at Wyndecliff!

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 01:19:31 AM »
Could you imagine the front-page obituary?: "Amorous older couple crushed in back seat of car at Collinsport Drive-In, during a screening of "Satan In High Heels" starring Grayson Hall. The victims, Mr. and Mrs. Jennings, still frisky from one of them inheriting the Quentin-Collins-Insatiable-Libido Curse, were attempting to give their young daughter Amy a baby brother or sister. " No wonder the guilt-ridden tot ended up at Wyndecliff!

Wow, I totally missed this topic...LOL. Sandor, as always, you're a riot!   :-*  Poor Amy. Well, that movie does tend to stir the most insatiable of appetites...   >:D

And again, if that were the case, whatever did little Amy think the night she saw the great Dr. Hoffman of Wyndcliffe  dressed in nothing but a flowing nightie at her beloved brother's cottage...?   ;D  xo

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 01:31:24 AM »
Amorous older couple crushed in back seat of car

Hey, now! Just one minute there! What do you consider "older"?! When they died, it's quite possible that they might have been younger than many of us are now.  ;)

I believe the only thing we do know about them is that they died at some point after Chris left Collinsport because I'm pretty sure Joe made some sort of remark about Chris not having come back for their funeral. Given that Chris told Barn in January '69 that his first transformation occurred right after his 21st birthday, which was 7 years before while he was away a college, it's quite possible that his parents died in their early-to-mid-40s. When I reached my 40s, I definitely stopped thinking of 40s as "older"!  [lghy]

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 01:51:16 AM »
Sandor...for the love of God...please stop.  My house is filled with people now. [crowdhappy]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 07:56:53 PM »
I think it would be nice if Chris found a way to break the curse. He could marry Sabrina and Amy would have a sister-in-law.

I also think it would be nice if Joe was cured from his insanity. He could get back with Maggie and see Amy since she hasn't seen him in a long time.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.