Poll

Which of the following characters would you have liked to have seen in Parallel Time

Victoria Winters
13 (14.6%)
Laura Collins
3 (3.4%)
Burke Devlin
7 (7.9%)
Sam Evans
7 (7.9%)
Dr. Woodard
3 (3.4%)
Dr. Lang
3 (3.4%)
Jason McGuire
8 (9%)
Mrs. Johnson
8 (9%)
Joe Haskell
12 (13.5%)
Nicholas Blair
6 (6.7%)
Madame Findley
1 (1.1%)
Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford
2 (2.2%)
Megan Todd
3 (3.4%)
Phillip Todd
1 (1.1%)
Diabolos
2 (2.2%)
Ghost of Sarah Collins
3 (3.4%)
Ghost of Josette Collins
3 (3.4%)
Matthew Morgan
3 (3.4%)
Other (name in topic replies)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 23, 2006, 04:39:23 AM

Author Topic: Parallel time: characters you would have like to have seen  (Read 2995 times)

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel time: characters you would have like to have seen
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »
I guess that a PT Nicholas Blair would actually have been Nicholas Stokes, though; and likely he would have been just as innocent as his sister Alexis. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
I would have loved to see PT Nicholas Blair.  Judging from how sexy those scenes were where he hypnotized Carolyn and brought her into the basement of Collinwood to summon Daniel Roget, I think the two of them had a really nice chemistry that could have worked out well in PT, perhaps after [spoiler]Willie was killed by Angelique[/spoiler]

How about Nicholas and Lang as pillars of the community fighting against Diabolos and Angelique?  Imagine Barnabas allied with these two!

Petofi

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 09:22:59 PM »
We already saw a sort of "opposite" Blair in Evan Hanley... instead of a confident, masterful right-hand man of Satan himself, Evan was a cowardly pompous wanna-be... and was hysterical because of it.

Penny... I want to fully explore your potential theological quagmire.    A Good PT Devil?   What about the Man Upstairs?!     There's a world of trouble for us to get into here, and so little time.....

I'd have loved to see our Barnabas try the old "I'm a cousin from the English branch" routine, only to have their Barnabas step in from off-camera....  but be fair, how much of a fraud can they think he is, when he looks EXACTLY like the other one, and the portrait?

I've also had the desire to see too much time travel on DS, to the point where BC shows up in 1980 and tries the bit again, only to be told, yes, you live in the Old House already, idiot!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »
How about Nicholas and Lang as pillars of the community fighting against Diabolos and Angelique?  Imagine Barnabas allied with these two!

Now THAT would have been interesting!  Nicholas "Stokes", brother to Angelique and Alexis, and have him be NICE and alligned w/Barnabas!  Someone should write a story!  ;)

We already saw a sort of "opposite" Blair in Evan Hanley... instead of a confident, masterful right-hand man of Satan himself, Evan was a cowardly pompous wanna-be... and was hysterical because of it.

I don't particularly like Evan (mostly 'cause I'm a HUGE Nicholas Blair scene), but watching him in 1897 I'm struck by the same thing, he's a coward and Nicholas is SO not a coward.  Quite a contrast for Humbert to play.  ;)

I'd have loved to see our Barnabas try the old "I'm a cousin from the English branch" routine, only to have their Barnabas step in from off-camera....  but be fair, how much of a fraud can they think he is, when he looks EXACTLY like the other one, and the portrait?

Now when you put it this way, it might have worked.  Imagine the look of "oh shit!" on ol' Barney's face when the REAL Barnabas popped in for drinks w/Roger.   ;D  But you make an excellant point that it would be hard to deny his claim nontheless as he looks just like the portrait, AND the PT Barnabas.  I can just hear the Patty Duke theme playing now, LOL!   ('Cause they're cousins, identical cousins all the way)  >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 01:54:02 AM »
I still only know Blair from 1970, not his prime I'm guessing (Why hello Jeb, Satan sent me along as an afterthought... you see he knows the Leviathans from boarding school and heard they were up to something... I know it makes no sense, just play along for Chrissakes!), but Evan is still my favorite HAA character.    He's like Nicholas Blair's less successful untalented brother.  He's such a terrific weasel.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 02:16:10 AM »
i'm quite surprised at laura collins poor showing thus far.

i think that out of many of the characters listed here laura could have had some real potential.

diana millay is the absolute worst(and i mean that in the best possible way)! >:D
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 02:20:02 AM »
I love Diana Millay, but she would have had to have played that Phoenix creature again (since she said she would play ONLY Laura and no other character), and I got so sick of that in 1897.  Angelique in PT was [spoiler]already a Laura-type character:  returned from the dead, sucking out the life of others, needing warmth, etc.[/spoiler]

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 12:45:21 AM »
I voted for Nicholas Blair because he is so kool and so evil.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 04:24:45 AM »
I don't think that Evan Hanley was so much of a 'paralell' to Nicholas.  For Nicholas Stokes, I'm thinking of something more along the lines of Bathia Mapes; perhaps he would have some abilities that clued him into what Angelique and their father were up to.  It could have made for a nice twist to the story. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »
i picked vicki,laura and mrs.johnson.

charcters like burke,jason and joe would have been great but sadly by this point i think that they had been gone for so long that there would not have been much viewer recognition.or at least their reappearance wouldn't have had much impact(to viewers at the time).vicki's a stretch but because she had been so pivotal it might have had some impact.laura had recently appeared in 1897 so she would have been fresh in viewers' minds.and of course mrs.johnson just needed to be there.period.

the producers seemed to like to cast actors who had appeared in the storyline immediately before it.thus alot of the leviathan actors show up in 1970pt.this was very short-sighted thinking but it seems to be the way things worked because laura collins was the only character who was away for years and showed up in a later storyline.

I don't agree that there wouldn't have been much impact with Vicki, Burke, Joe and Jason. Only the viewers who tuned into the show late in its run (like after Vicki's exit and the entrance of Quentin) would have been confused by their appearances. But most viewers who watched the show from the beginning I think the reappearances of these characters would have been a wonderful blast from the past.

Now I love Mrs. Johnson as much as anyone (and I would have loved to have seen her PT, the writers should have given her more screen time!) and Laura was a good character, but personally if given the choice I'd rather have Vicki, Burke, Joe and Jason in PT. These four in my opinion WOULD have had much more impact than Laura.