Poll

Which of the following characters would you have liked to have seen in Parallel Time

Victoria Winters
13 (14.6%)
Laura Collins
3 (3.4%)
Burke Devlin
7 (7.9%)
Sam Evans
7 (7.9%)
Dr. Woodard
3 (3.4%)
Dr. Lang
3 (3.4%)
Jason McGuire
8 (9%)
Mrs. Johnson
8 (9%)
Joe Haskell
12 (13.5%)
Nicholas Blair
6 (6.7%)
Madame Findley
1 (1.1%)
Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford
2 (2.2%)
Megan Todd
3 (3.4%)
Phillip Todd
1 (1.1%)
Diabolos
2 (2.2%)
Ghost of Sarah Collins
3 (3.4%)
Ghost of Josette Collins
3 (3.4%)
Matthew Morgan
3 (3.4%)
Other (name in topic replies)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 23, 2006, 04:39:23 AM

Author Topic: Parallel time: characters you would have like to have seen  (Read 2994 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Parallel time: characters you would have like to have seen
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »
Referring to characters who were not featured in Parallel Time during the series' run.

The Parallel Time track, being a timeline where any number of other possibilities, could potentially have included the presence of characters who for some reason were not included in the PT storyline either because they were dead or missing in real time, or otherwise just not a part of the PT storyline.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel time: characters you would have like to have seen
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 06:25:21 AM »
That's not fair, it saids the maximum is 10, I have to vote under that, that's so unfair!!!!!
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:14 PM »
I chose Victoria, Jason, Joe and Burke.

By the time the parallel time story rolled around, I was really missing the early characters and they would have been the most refreshing to see, IMO. Also, it would have given Elizabeth, Carolyn and Roger more to do, instead of making the whole thing about Angelique. And I would have liked to have seen Barnabas interact with the PT versions of those characters.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:10:54 PM »
I had that number of choices before I added some names I thought of later. I wanted to increase the number of choices one could choose but the system had problems. Sorry about that.

That's not fair, it saids the maximum is 10, I have to vote under that, that's so unfair!!!!!
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:06 PM »
I chose the following ppl: Vickie, Burke, Sam, Jason, Mrs. Johnson and Joe.

I would've had Vickie be evil and married to the equally evil Burke.  Sam and Joe would have been nice to see, particularly since Maggie was so prominant in that plotline.  Imagine her running off to Joe, her ex, when Quentin started getting squirrly.  And they could have made Sam a successful painter, or at the very least a successful Graphic Artist working for Collins Enterprises.  Imagine Quentin being his father-in-law's boss!  It would have been cool to see a NICE Jason married to Liz-what a challenge that would have been for Dennis, to play the OPPOSITE of sleazy Jason.  But he would have been able to pull if off nicely I'm sure.  And how can you NOT have the lovably grumbling Mrs. Johnson?!!   ;)  She could have been the cook since Hoffman was the maid.  One choice that wasn't there that I also think would have been VERY interesting to see is a RESPONSIBLE Buzz Hackett.  Maybe make him a high powered exec at Collins Enterprises who's shagging Carolyn on the side?   >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 02:08:28 AM »
i picked vicki,laura and mrs.johnson.

charcters like burke,jason and joe would have been great but sadly by this point i think that they had been gone for so long that there would not have been much viewer recognition.or at least their reappearance wouldn't have had much impact(to viewers at the time).vicki's a stretch but because she had been so pivotal it might have had some impact.laura had recently appeared in 1897 so she would have been fresh in viewers' minds.and of course mrs.johnson just needed to be there.period.

the producers seemed to like to cast actors who had appeared in the storyline immediately before it.thus alot of the leviathan actors show up in 1970pt.this was very short-sighted thinking but it seems to be the way things worked because laura collins was the only character who was away for years and showed up in a later storyline.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »
I voted for Megan Todd because I always do.   Who's conspicuous by his absence, on the list?  Barnabas!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 07:37:39 AM »
I had that number of choices before I added some names I thought of later. I wanted to increase the number of choices one could choose but the system had problems. Sorry about that.

I just tested the feature and it was working fine.  :)  What may have confused you is that you cannot opt to change the number of maximum votes per user once a poll has been posted.  If you think you're going to gauge it according to the number of poll options, I can only suggest that you use the Preview feature to study the total number of options in your poll before submitting it.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »
Who's conspicuous by his absence, on the list?  Barnabas!

I guess you're saying that there should have been a PT Barnabas as well are our own RT Barnabas?  Interesting premise, except that to give Frid even MORE dialog to forget would have been cruel!   >:D

All kidding aside though, it really wouldn't have worked if OUR Barnabas had been present--how would he explain he was a cousin from England?  Don't you think PT Barnabas would have been like, "Wa....it a minute!"?

What WOULD have been fun to see however is ANOTHER PT plotline that say Quentin went in to and have a PT Barnabas THERE!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 01:55:43 AM »
For a PT Barnabas....maybe Julia could've gone to parallel time and found out that PT Barnabas killed her counterpart instead of allowing her to try and cure him. He succeeded in gaining Vicki's attention...and eventually turned her (knowing he would never be cured). We would have vampire Victoria. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 02:32:38 AM »
vampire victoria!!!

that's alot to take in.

my parallel time vicki wouldn't necessarily have to have been a supernatural character.i'm picturing the polar opposite of 'real time' vicki.

vain,pleasure seeking,sarcastic and cruel.that would be a vicki i'd love to see.

a cool new p/t wardrobe wouldn't hurt either.psychedelic,lots of jewelry,maybe some fur.anything besides that god-forsaken dress. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 06:44:16 PM »
A hippy-dippy Willie Loomis.....granny glasses, bell bottoms, fur vest, 'juana instead of whiskey.....

It would have been too hysterical to watch, knowing our Johnny. [lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
Man, I'd love to see Diabolos again.  I loved it when Ang went down to Hell in '68.  I don't know how they'd fit Satan into the PT plot, but it would be cool to see.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »
Ah but would the Devil and hell in PT be the "Parallel-Time devil and hell" or the "SAME" as in normal time??.....Weeeeiirrirrrd.....
 [cyclops_ani] [crazd] [firedevil]
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 04:15:38 PM »
I would have loved to see PT Nicholas Blair.  Judging from how sexy those scenes were where he hypnotized Carolyn and brought her into the basement of Collinwood to summon Daniel Roget, I think the two of them had a really nice chemistry that could have worked out well in PT, perhaps after [spoiler]Willie was killed by Angelique[/spoiler]
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.