Author Topic: signing in  (Read 863 times)

Offline Afan

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
signing in
« on: June 25, 2003, 03:37:32 AM »
Deleting the cookies per your instructions worked! For the first time in a couple of months I am actually on the Board using my own machine!  One question though- does staying always signed on invite unwelcome guests into my system?  I was afraid that it did, and that is why I never checked the box.  Anyway, it is working now.  Many Many Thanks. 8) Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:signing in
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 04:35:47 AM »
Deleting the cookies per your instructions worked! For the first time in a couple of months I am actually on the Board using my own machine!

That's great! [thumb]

One question though- does staying always signed on invite unwelcome guests into my system?  I was afraid that it did, and that is why I never checked the box.

The cookie only affects how you get into the forum. Whenever you open up your browser and point it here, you won't have to login. But it doesn't affect anything else you might do with your computer. The only issue you might have to think about would be if anyone else in your house also uses your computer because they could be able to use your account here on the forum. But if you trust that person (or persons) not to do anything underhanded in your name, or if you're the only one who uses your computer, then that isn't something you should even have to worry about. :)

Many Many Thanks.

I'm just glad you're back in business with us. ;)

Offline Afan

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
Re:signing in
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 08:46:09 PM »
Thank you again!
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan