Author Topic: Whatever happened to Josette's Music Box  (Read 4163 times)

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Josette's Music Box
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2003, 05:02:31 PM »
I am sure that Sharon Smyth is correct and the music box used on the series was nothing more than a prop. Kathryn probably assumed that it was real because she knew that both the cane and ring that they gave Barnabas were bought in local NY shops.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2003, 05:25:50 PM »
How could KLS not know if the music box was real or not?  What other performer spent more time in it's presence?  

Barnabas and Willie were CONSTANTLY turning the thing on while they had her in the old house.  They used it like mothers use wind-up musical mobiles to put the baby to sleep!  

"Shhhh Maggie...I mean Josette......stop fussing.....listen to the music....remember that you're Josette......!"

Either it played music, or it didn't.  Seems an odd thing to have forgotten.  
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2003, 05:38:47 PM »
Perhaps it's a credit to the DS prop makers that they created such a realistic looking thing like Josette's music box and made it look so real. Even if the music box was real which I doubt, it never really played the music.  All of that came from music supervisor Sybil Weinberger who was in the control room. (She later went on to marry producer Robert Costello)  She selected all the cues to be heard that day, and they were then recorded on the audio track while the show was taping live.  The actors by the way, could not hear the music while it was playing.  That would have been too distracting.