Author Topic: 20 Un-Scary Horror Films  (Read 366 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
20 Un-Scary Horror Films
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »
20 Un-Scary Horror Films, Starting With Jennifer Aniston in ‘Leprechaun’ (Photos)

Sounds like a bunch of films we might want to avoid. Though that being said, very few horror films actually scare me. I would actually recommend 1994's Wolf because of its approach and because Michelle Pfieffer stars in it. But as I've posted before, I'd also recommend 2010's The Wolfman. I haven't actually seen any of the others...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Un-Scary Horror Films
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:48:56 AM »
I actually enjoyed some of those films (I didn't see every one).  I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.  One film that really bombed with critics and viewers (not listed in that link) was the sci-fi/horror Skyline.  It got ripped up and down the line.  While filled with some faults, to me it was a fun, creepy movie.  We expect perfection in some films and are disappointed when not delivered; we expect foibles in others are just go with the flow.  Was HoDS a perfect film?  It could've been, but because of the cuts demanded by MGM, it ended up disjointed.  So did NoDS for the same reasons.  But we're DS fans.  We enjoyed them. 

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Un-Scary Horror Films
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:49:38 AM »
I did see Thirteen Ghosts at a friend's house. I was more interested in the mechanics of the house itself than any part of the story. It wasn't remotely scary and lacked the endearing goofiness of the original.
Truth or Dare was the kind of stuff that we used to see on The Movie of the Week. Very formula and predictable.
The Slender Man is apparently based on a story that appeared on Creepy Pasta, which says a lot right there. If you think that pasta is actually creepy, then I'm sure The Slender Man will seem absolutely terrifying. I just found it to be asinine.
Fade Away and Radiate