Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0909  (Read 559 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0909
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
Rbservations #909

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0909

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:16:28 AM »
Did Alexander change form into young Carolyn?  Judging by the heavy breathing yes...

Nothing came of Chris's big revelation that he's incredibly violent, except that it severed any relationship with Carolyn, who isn't pursuing the matter of his being dangerous.  So Chris gets to keep his once-only-mentioned job, house, etc.?

Julia hypnotizes Quentin, who gets agitated over having to leave immediately, then Frederick Thorne, and then how it's "all over".  Julia offers to be Q's sugar daddy, Olivia Corey steps in to take that role.

After pulling the young Carolyn trick again with Paul, Alex announces to Julia that he'd been reading in the room young Carolyn had gone into.  He hold up "Black Beauty", and shock music plays.  We did see the book earlier, I forget where, but what's the shock?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:01:44 PM »
Lisa Ross, who plays young Carolyn, has brown eyes; Nancy Barrett’s eyes are blue. But she's certainly a better actress than awful Alexander.

I've always thought that Alexander = young Carolyn.

At the hospital, Quentin is up and about in a royal blue bathrobe. Julia shows him what they found in his pockets when he was brought in: a rent receipt for $55 (this was 1970!), a matchbook from the High Hat Lounge, a key to Locker 194 of unknown location, and a wooden puzzle. He works the puzzle while Julia watches, but it doesn’t jog his memory. Julia offers to help him regain his memory, but he isn’t inclined to return to his $55 apartment and his “rollicking” evenings at the High Hat Lounge. Your future could be fascinating, Julia suggests. I plan to start by hypnotizing you. He agrees to cooperate.

MT, this is what happened with "Black Beauty": Paul returns to the foyer, presumably after yet another search for the little girl. He stares at Barnabas’s portrait for a moment to motivate himself, then retreats to the drawing room for a first, then a second brandy. Suddenly he hears a slapping sound, and young Carolyn bends down to pick up a hard-cover book--Black Beauty--that has fallen to the floor. Paul moves carefully toward her, but she says again, No! don't come near me! Not after what you did! She runs into the study and shuts the door. Paul thinks he has her cornered, and all he has to do is find someone else to see her. The next moment, Julia returns. Paul tells her he has seen the little girl twice since she left and that she is in the study now. The study door opens--and Alexander Todd steps out. He says no one else is in the room. Paul gets upset and grabs Alexander to give him a good shaking, but Julia intervenes and tells Paul to get a grip on himself. Paul insists that the little girl was in the room, and it was Carolyn, age eight. Julia suggests he go upstairs and rest. Paul is resigned to not being believed, but shouts, I still want to know why Alexander was in the study! In her most soothing professional tones, Julia promises to find out if he will go rest. [In a long shot, meant to be looking into the foyer from the study, we can see some cables at the foot of the tall clock.] Paul gives Alexander one last look, then goes upstairs. Why is he so upset? Alexander asks. And what does he think I was doing in the study? What were you doing? Julia asks suspiciously. Something that I like to do, Alexander replies, holding up the copy of Black Beauty.

So I guess we got the shock music because first young Carolyn had the book, but now Alexander does. This is supposed to reinforce the idea that young Carolyn = Alexander.

Only Quentin would have two women fighting for custody of him, lol.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:44:54 PM »
Thanks DL.  I thought it had to be something like that. 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor