Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0582  (Read 1979 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0582
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0582
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »
Ooh, great episode.  Barnabas and Julia and Willie talking and talking and talking - who could ask for anything more?

For some reason, I never previously paid close attention to Barnabas's reason for choosing Maggie as the life force.  I've got to admit, it makes sense.  Everything else about the Experiment is so iffy that I can see why Barnabas wants a known quantity for the life force.

Willie gets me when he tells Julia, "Yeah, you may be sick about this too, but you can work when you're sick!  I can't!"  - as if it gritting your teeth and getting through what you have to get through were a bad thing.

I was waiting for Julia's great moment, when she points out to Willie that she has been through, with Barnabas, exactly what Willie was facing with Maggie, and I was astonished at the quickness of it.  It wasn't a grande dame moment; it was too human for that.  And once again, there I was with my mouth open in awe.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:02 AM »
I loved it when Angelique disappeared! [ghost_smiley] She was so close to becoming human again, but Barnabas had to walk in! [ghost_mad] It actually made sense that Angelique would be the life force, because she was a vampire - just like Barnabas was a vampire. I actually felt sorry for Angelique when she had to disappear to avoid being seen by Barnabas. [ghost_sad] It was amusing to watch Jeff being shocked when Angelique disappeared and then he had to scramble for an answer to Barnabas about what he was doing.  [ghost_cheesy]

It was great to see Willie defend Maggie and try to save her. Too bad he was unsuccessful. It was the first time he really tried to get Barnabas to do what he wanted. [milestone]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
I'm glad Angelique's plans were stopped, even if Barnabas didn't know he was the one to do it.

I think stress and desperation are having an adverse effect on Barnabas, which is why he's behaving so terribly. I really didn't like seeing him act this way.  [ghost_sad]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
There's no way we should let discussion of this ep pass without commemorating one of the most significant scenes in the RD hair touching tally saga:

Truly classic.  [b003]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
I have this weird and wonderful blind spot: I never particularly notice Roger Davis touching his hair.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
I only notice when he grasps his upper head with both hands in terror, which is an unusual sort of acting choice, don't you think?   Well, there he is in this thread, just look at him!

By the way Lydia, I'm glad your schedule causes you to pop up here in the wee hours right about now...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:51 AM »
Yeah, we happy few of the late-night-early-morning hours are a nice exclusive club, aren't we?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
I have this weird and wonderful blind spot: I never particularly notice Roger Davis touching his hair.

Count yourself as very, Very, VERY LUCKY!!  [ghost_cheesy]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
I'm with Julia and Willie on this. Why in the world should Barnabas think of Maggie of all people to be the life force? Julia was right, it's not fair to expect Maggie to risk her life for the man who struck down her father (though I still say the lion share of the blame for Sam's death belongs to Cassandra but I digress). And it never occured to Barnabas that Adam may not even want Maggie to be the life force either? [ghost_azn]

And I didn't like Barnabas implying Jeff never loved Vicki either. Jeff was right, Barnabas just wanted to believe that. [ghost_azn]

BTW those pictures of Jeff practically holding on for dear life onto his hair is uproarously funny. [ghost_grin]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 11:40:54 PM »
Thank you for the pictures. I loved to see Jeff dance around and try to figure out what to tell Barnabas.

You can feel Julia feel, when she said she saw Barnabas go through the experiment.

I think LP, had fun in playing Angelique on the table.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:38:36 AM »
What an elitist Barnabas is.  Sacrifice the poor waitress that nobody will miss, just so long as all the Collins family members and his beloved Vickie are safe from harm.  This was not one of Barnabas' more shining moments, but then again that's what makes for interesting characters and drama. 

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 08:35:26 AM »
I didn't like the fact that Barnabas decided to go with Maggie. But i guess it makes sense. The best part of it was the conversation between Julia and Willie. Grayson Hall really knows how to deliever a line.

I LOVED THAT PIC OF JEFF. Seriously, that could have been tone down. He looked like a fool and he made me laugh.  [hall2_grin]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books