Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0315  (Read 1147 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0315
« on: June 08, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0315
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 03:57:44 AM »
What a thoroughly enjoyable episode!  An argument between Barnabas and Julia, a spiel from the caretaker on the unquiet dead, and a perfect closing line delivered deliciously by Jonathan Frid - who could ask for anything more?

We got unexpected intelligence from two characters: Willie and Vicky.  Willie knew he couldn't hide from Barnabas the terrifying information he got from Sarah, so he kept out of Barnabas's way.  If Barnabas had called to him, he'd have been in the soup, but luckily Barnabas had other fish to fry.

And smart Vicky wouldn't accept Barnabas's encouraging words about David, but replied that David could well be in serious danger.  Good for her!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:11:17 AM »
I have a particular fondness for this week's batch of episodes because they were the first ones I ever saw. Up to this point I had absolutely no idea that DS even existed. But a friend who'd just discovered the show himself mentioned that I should check it out - and once I did, I was instantly hooked. And the rest, as they say, is history.  :D

(Little did I know, though, that I'd only be watching for a year before local stations would cave to parent pressure and move DS to timeslots when all the kids were in school.  :(  But that's another story. And thankfully that only lasted for 4 months before an even louder outcry from DS fans brought it back to its rightful time.)

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 09:22:24 AM »
Great Friday cliffhanger!  David was overjoyed at finally being out of the Secret Room, and was happily starting to run home.  Then he runs into Barnabas!  Scary stuff! [shkdg]

Barnabas is risking a setback with Julia's treatments by not waiting just 15 minutes for the next injection.

It's a good thing Sarah appeared to David when she did!  [cheer] If Barnabas had found David in the Secret Room, he would have had more time alone with him - and David might have gotten hurt. [shkdg]  By the way, wouldn't David have figured out that Sarah is a ghost by this time? [idontknow]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 02:17:37 AM »
Barnabas is risking a setback with Julia's treatments by not waiting just 15 minutes for the next injection.
I was wondering if Julia was lying about that to keep Barnabas from going out and looking for David.

By the way, wouldn't David have figured out that Sarah is a ghost by this time?
Not necessarily.  I believe the only other ghost with whom he has any real familiarity at this point is Josette, and Sarah is acting completely differently from the way Josette's ghost does.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
But if he fell asleep on the stairs, how would she have gotten in ?  If she  used the door she would have hit him.  ::) Why didn't Roger get out the Blueprints for the mausoleum ?  Would n't the back to the Mausoleum stood out?  They could have measured to find the scret room. I know that I am being bad.

This was a very good show. The next one is even better. I think Julia wanted to protect David. Barnabas was really cranky tonight and scared. When he is scared he gets really angry. I just always wondered why no one figured it out.  But of course it had to be Barnabas to be the one that found him.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 10:05:56 PM »
I just realized that there were no blueprints, I.e when we think or real blueprints. but there must of been some drawings.  Also I wonder how long it really took to search the house wasn't it really  big. Couldn't have David come back and hid somewhere. Of course we know that he didn't.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »
Would n't the back to the Mausoleum stood out?
I assume the builders of the mausoleum excavated into Eagle Hill to build the secret room.  Joshua had it built in order to hide ammunition from the British, so it even if it weren't built into Eagle Hill, he would have found some other way to make the extra room unobtrusive.