Author Topic: Moments/People That Make You Wanna Kick the TV In  (Read 3402 times)

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re: Moments/People That Make You Wanna Kick the TV In
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 04:09:39 AM »
When Barnabas declared that the dying Angelique was his one true love. Sorry, Angelique/Barn fans, but I just don't buy it. Never did, never will.

I agree wholeheartedly... I have always felt Barnabas' only true love was always.. Josette.

*  BC  *    *  JD   *
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Autumn

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 06:58:32 PM »
Moments & people that made me so mad that i wanted
to kick the tv

Any time anybody jumped on the QUENTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 09:24:03 PM »
I can't believe that a post concerning violent feelings felt brought on by irritation didn't remind someone of our beloved hair touching dude.  Come to think of it, I don't think I'd bother kicking in the screen over RD and his fetish - but I might roll my eyes and smack the remote.

(I haven't been around in awhile - hope all are doing well!)  :D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
I can't believe that a post concerning violent feelings felt brought on by irritation didn't remind someone of our beloved hair touching dude.

Well, seeing him do that doesn't make me want to kick the TV in - but a certain episode in which he touches his hair over 20 times does make me want to kick him::)

MB (who is still laughing hysterically over your Flying Nun/Barn avatar!  [stfl])

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 03:05:01 PM »
I've always held a feeling that Dan Curtis held a grudge against Alexandra Moltke for becoming pregnant and leaving the show halfway through her five-year contract.  First he recasts 'Vicki' with that horrible Betsy Durkin (I've always called her "Betsy-Wetsy" for her onscreen hysterics- I didn't kick the screen in, but I slapped it about a few times!), then during the Leviathan storyline he (with Hall & Russell) had her bumped off by Jeb Hawkes offscreen, ruining the happy ending that was created in the 1796 return with Carolyn Groves as Vicki.  (Ironically, Ms. Groves was an Alexandra lookalike who should've been put under contract- in her few days of episodes she brought Vicki back to life, something that Betsy failed to do in several WEEKS of episodes!)

Like so many here on this board, I too wanted to kick the screen during Barnabas' 'declaration of love' to Angie's  rotting corpse in 1840- "my only love", my ass!  This guy's spent nearly 200 years mooning over Josette (not to mention chasing after Maggie/Vicki/ 2 Roxannes/Rachel)  while despising the bitch who killed his uncle/sister/mother through different eras.  So she got plugged by Lamar Trask- good riddance- and suddenly Barnabas says 'I take it all back'???

Worse yet, poor Julia had to wach it all!  At least there's one consolation: with Vicki, Roxanne, and Angelique dead (and Maggie in Wyndecliffe), Julia will FINALLY have Barnabas all to herself!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 01:26:03 AM »
i just recently watched alexandra moltke's final episodes and i didn't so much want to kick the t.v. in as throw myself across it and weep! ;)

i never thought about dan curtis holding a grudge against her.i got the impression he must have cast betsy durkin out of sheer desperation.it was obvious from these episodes that her departure was extremely abrupt.there was no sense of finality to them.vicki stormed into the house,ran up the stairs,exchanged words with julia and that was it.ms.durkin premiered only three episodes later with scripts that were probably already written for alexandra.there must have been virtually no time to audition new actresses.

b.t.w. i haven't watched ms.durkins episodes yet...but i'm sensing a kick-the-t.v. moment coming.i'm so smitten with ms.moltke i can't imagine anyone else playing victoria. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 02:08:50 AM »
b.t.w. i haven't watched ms.durkins episodes yet...

Considering what a big Alexandra Moltke fan you are, I think it's definitely gonna be time to invest in a new TV when Betsy Wetsy shows up.  She really can't hold a candle to Alexandra Moltke.

[spoiler]  As for Curtis killing off Vicki during the Leviathan sequence, I don't think that's all there was to that.  I've heard he really wanted her back on the show at that point and that the murder was part of a plotline they were developing to bring her back.  This is just my conjecture but maybe, like Peter, she would have been a ghost haunting Jeb and would have eventually come back to life in the present somehow.  Unfortunately, Alexandra didn't want to return to the show, so they had to drop the storyline even though they had already started it with the whole Peter Bradford thing.[/spoiler]
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 02:12:39 AM »
Considering what a big Alexandra Moltke fan you are, I think it's definitely gonna be time to invest in a new TV when Betsy Wetsy shows up.

gee...am i that obvious? ;)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 04:49:51 PM »
When they were going to use Carolyn's life force to bring Eve to life, and Adam was - as always - giving everyone orders and making a bunch of threats.

I was about ready to eject the DVD at that point.  I can't stand Adam in the first place, and that was really the high point of his intolerability.

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »
I wanted to kick the tv when Julia saw Barnabas kissing Roxanne.  No really I wanted to kick Barnabas up side the head.  I mean damn he was so clueless.  I love him though, but damn that man was dense.lol

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 06:09:53 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, cool_splash1!  And a belated welcome to Willie!  [wave]

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 01:24:25 AM »
Thanks for the invite

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 11:03:38 PM »
Two things come to mind:

Whenever Adam threatened to kill Vicki and the Collins family....(really got old after awhile)

Whenever Jason threatened Liz (now Jason could be quite a charming villian but he never lets us forget how rotten he truly is when he intimidates poor Liz into letting him have his own way).

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 12:52:23 AM »
That Victoria's parentage was never revealed. I kept waiting for that....and waiting....and waiting....
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."