Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0287  (Read 1053 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0287
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0287
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:58:06 AM »
Great show, Awsome show. I can see Julia and Barnabas with swords and jousting. Julia makes on comment and then Barnabas another.  It was back and forth. This was just great. A highlight of the show.

Barnabas tried to be good with Vickie, I think that he feels Josette watching over Vickie, see how he looks at the picture.

Liz, being worried about Vickie, that was a nice thing for Vickie, she didn't think that anyone would care. Letting Vickie look at things from the past and see how they really were, might be good.

[spoiler]with her trip to 1795, I sometimes wonder why she would want to go back. Also with Julia and Barnabas, the arc of it is the show that is done by Julia almost alone. It is one of the last time we see Barnabas as pure evil[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:21:22 PM »
Julia reminds me a little bit of Tony Peterson in his early days in the show.  He came across as a breath of fresh air, unencumbered with any of Collins weirdness...for a while, anyway.  Julia's that way right now.  I can imagine her poking at a sleeping Leviathan with a stick, just to see what it will do.  And smiling when it growls.

She raised a point that I hadn't thought much about before: Barnabas's knowledge of furnishings and decorations from the period in which Josette and Jeremiah lived.  If I were whooshed through time a couple centuries into the future and I had to produce an accurate copy of an early 21st-century home, I imagine I'd have serious trouble with the task - but then, I am unusually unobservant.  But how observant was pre-vampire Barnabas?  Men aren't supposed to notice their surroundings, right?  That's feminine foolishness.

Elizabeth and Vicky make two halves of a whole: Vicky romanticizing the past out of all recognition, and Elizabeth thinking only of the bad parts.  But Elizabeth could bend, and I liked her a lot today when she gave in to Vicky.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:40:20 AM »
She raised a point that I hadn't thought much about before: Barnabas's knowledge of furnishings and decorations from the period in which Josette and Jeremiah lived.  If I were whooshed through time a couple centuries into the future and I had to produce an accurate copy of an early 21st-century home, I imagine I'd have serious trouble with the task - but then, I am unusually unobservant.  But how observant was pre-vampire Barnabas?  Men aren't supposed to notice their surroundings, right?  That's feminine foolishness.

But Barnabas had very few things to think about while he was in the coffin. He could only remember. He would have idea's of his earlier life engrained.  :(
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:38:12 AM »
Yup, there he was in his coffin, muttering to himself, "The water pitcher in Abigail's room had primroses painted on it...no, it was petunias!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »
So this was when Julia met Barnabas and Willie! [banana] It's hard to believe how close these three would become later on in the show, isn't it? [winkg] It was fun to watch Julia catching Willie in a lie, [shkdg] and I loved the exchange between Julia and Barnabas!  [cheer]  Julia was a very smart, pushy, and shrewd woman. [bigok]  I think she may have already figured out that Barnabas was a vampire at this point. [ideag]

It was great to see Elizabeth's concern for Vicki. [thumb] She was very motherly toward her.  [love3]  I'm glad she gave in to Vicki's request, though.   I agree with Elizabeth's reasoning - Vicki was getting too engrossed with the past, and not thinking about it in a romantic way would hopefully dissuade her from her obsessive interest.  [signblah05]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »
Yup, there he was in his coffin, muttering to himself, "The water pitcher in Abigail's room had primroses painted on it...no, it was petunias!"

I LOLed... you know, I think he probably did just that...

As for men not caring about the look of anything, don't stereotype!   Who do you think designed those furnishings?   Well they took credit anyway.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor