Author Topic: The best of KLS  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
The best of KLS
« on: September 17, 2003, 06:51:45 PM »
I like "early Maggie", when she has kind of a chip on her shoulder. She's an ordinary working girl in contrast to the rich Collins family. Later on, I think she was very good in the scenes where she escapes from her cell in the Old House basement (with the help of Sarah's ghost) to the secret passageway with Barnabas pursuing her.  8)
MM

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
Re:The best of KLS
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 09:21:22 PM »
My top five best moments with KLS on DS were.

1.)Singing "London Bridge" with Sarah and her alone.
2.)When she was Rachel Drummond, she was rescued by Dirk Wilkins.
3.)When she seen The Ghost of 1897 Quentin.
4.)When she meets Vicki Winters for the first time.
5.)Her last scene with Chris Pennock.

My top five worst moments with KLS on DS were.

1.)Mourning the death of her father Sam (David Ford).
2.)PT Quentin (David Selby) accuses PT Maggie of being a witch.
3.)Mineva Trask (Clarice Blackburn) accuses Rachel and Tim (Don Briscoe) of being the assessories of the murder.
4.)The Dream Curse scene I didn't seen yet.
5.)Her Rachel Drummond character killed off.

When she left DS. DS wasn't the same without her and the flavor dissappeared. Those newer actors/actresses (Vestoff, Harper, McGuire) didn't have the wit and charm as KLS had during her tenue on DS. After she left, the show gone 100% downhill.

Spencer Karter
Age 17
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 10:41:11 PM »
KLS will definitely missed by me, though I have to admit that in the last year or so of Dark Shadows she was criminally misused.  Can't say I blame her for getting gone.

Maggie as she first appears in episode 1, full of pluck and sass, is just wonderful!  Wish that more of this side of the character had been retained through the years.

Josette, although others may not agree, is an interesting and complex character.  She isn't quite the defenseless ingenue her family believes her to be, and KLS brilliantly portrayed her growing confusion, dread and horror as things around her started to go tragically and supernaturally wrong.

Although Rachel Drummond is perhaps not very bright and none too strong an individual, I think KLS did a good job bringing her to life.  Flawed though she is, it was sad to see her die needlessly.

Kitty, Lady Hampshire was IMHO the best of KLS's performances on the show.  Shady, duplicitious, and no better than she should be, it's clear that the actress had fun playing this character before the whole 'Josette amnesia' sank in.

Would that the writers had given KLS the chance to play Samantha Collins!  IMHO, 'Katy' definitely had the chops to play that nasty ice-queen.

She was there from day one, and I have to agree that Dark Shadows was just never the same after Kathryn Leigh Scott left the show!

LOVE the montage today, btw!  MB is there any way this can be saved somewhere in 'Member's Mausoleum' once the "real" board is back up? :-*
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 02:24:24 AM »
I'd have to say that one of my favorite scenes was when she confronted her father over his duplicity in covering up Roger Collins' framing of Burke Devlin.  She wanted - and didn't want - the truth.

Although Virginia Vestoff did marvelous as Samantha Collins, it would've been immensely interesting to see TKATKLS in the part, originally designed for her.  Finally, she would get to play a totally despicable, nasty person, with everyone cheering for her com-uppance.  Even the fun of seeing her, as Samantha, playing an "older woman" (she'd have to be, with a 14-year-old son).

Gerard
PS - Absolutely fantastic farewell montage, MB!

Offline denise

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 03:44:46 AM »
Does anyone know the circumstances of her leaving?

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 05:03:32 AM »
I think she went to be with her husband in England or something or the other. . there are KLS experts out here. . .
Julia99

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 06:14:57 AM »
I believe KLS was married to a magazine photographer who was sent to Paris, Katheryn went with him... she  told us how beautiful it was.

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 02:12:14 PM »
They (KLS and her husband) sailed from New York aboard the luxury liner S.S.  France (now the cruise ship Norway of NCL).  They had a bon voyage party in their stateroom while still docked, and I think some of the cast and crew attended.  Those were the days when visitors were not only permitted on board until just before sailing, but encouraged to come on board - prospective future passengers.

Gerard

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2003, 02:40:10 PM »
A lot of my favorite scenes for KLS have already been mentioned above by others. In addition to those, I like when she withstood the terror she was subjected to by the children in the Leviathan period with strength and courage.  I like the scene where she haughtily brushes past Angelique to be by Barnabas' at his death bed scene in the 1795 period. I personnally liked her Rachel Drummond and Lady Kitty characters taht others have found so annoying. Maybe some of those character's traits werent' admirable but KLS is an excellent actor who could pull off the good stuff with the bad.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 02:47:21 PM »
LOVE the montage today, btw!  MB is there any way this can be saved somewhere in 'Member's Mausoleum' once the "real" board is back up? :-*

It will become available in the Members' Archive.  ;)