Author Topic: Who's "caught up" with the releases?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Who's "caught up" with the releases?
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:40:49 AM »
Now that the final disc set (#26) has been released, who is finished re-watching the series?

I'm on the final disc of set 25, so I have about 25 episodes to go till I hit the end of the series.  I can't believe that there is an actual out-of-wedlock pregnancy in this section.  I guess DS really was a soap opera after all!

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
Re: Who's "caught up" with the releases?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 03:12:59 AM »
I've finished all of them, and am now starting over with #1 of the "collectors VHS tapes", which include the pre-Barnabas episodes...just can't ever get enough! And everytime, I find something new. [Witch00]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 05:11:59 AM »
I'm getting ready to finish Set 16, so I've got about 9 sets left to get through. Once I finish this watching of it I'll probably shelf it for a while and then start back up again. That's one of the only things I don't like about DS, is that I like to watch TV shows that I have on DVD all the way through, and it takes me soooo long to do it with DS. Not to mention the fact that with other sets like Buffy or Nip/Tuck, I know which eps I don't like so I can just skip them (though I still rarely do that) but with DS there are just too many!

When I finish, if I need a fix I'll probably just know to pull out this or that set because it's taking place during a certain storyline.

And I still need sets 20-26.

[female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Kristin

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:54:44 AM »
I've finished them all...

I'm really sad though - I wish they had lasted a bit longer LOL...

I sold 1-10 and kept the rest.  I really wish I hadn't done that.  Perhaps I'll start by repurchasing 5 - 9...

Does anyone know when they are releasing the pre-Barnabas DVD's?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:20:11 PM »
Don't have an exact date, but I do hear they are indeed planning to eventually release the pre-Barnabas episodes in the future. Perhaps someone else has heard of a date when they will release them...

Offline Kristin

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 02:40:46 AM »
Don't have an exact date, but I do hear they are indeed planning to eventually release the pre-Barnabas episodes in the future. Perhaps someone else has heard of a date when they will release them...

Yes, they state that in DVD Collection 26, but with no release date.  I can't wait to see them. I probably have never seen these episodes as I was born in '63 and basically really only started watching the show in reruns in the 70's.  I don't think they aired those episodes in reruns, did they?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 03:07:12 AM »
I can't wait to see them. I probably have never seen these episodes as I was born in '63 and basically really only started watching the show in reruns in the 70's.  I don't think they aired those episodes in reruns, did they?

In the 90's they started showing the pre-Barnabas episodes on the Sci-fi channel, I think that was the first time they got shown in reruns.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 03:08:21 AM »
Just want to give a heads up - if you live near a Tower Records, they are closing down and have some decent prices. I've been picking up the DS sets for $36 each there.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 03:16:46 AM »

Click:
MPI announces pricing, availability and other details for DS: THE BEGINNING DVDs